Forum > News & Announcements > Final Stage of Server Move Starting - Check this thread for updates
Pages: 1
"Final Stage of Server Move Starting - Check this thread for updates", 5 days ago, 10:35 AM #1
Kyo
🐊
Update 1:Phase 2 begins! We will now transfer over the database! So the site enters read only mode, expect this to take about 3 - 4 hours.

Hello,

I've recently announced we're moving servers, and we're now ready for the turbulent phase. The most important part for the post-skimmers first:

Keep checking this thread for updates! I will edit this post with more information as the move progresses!

So what's happening? Well:

-File uploads will now be disabled to keep the new and old server synchronized.

-Very shortly after, the site will be put into "read only mode", meaning you can't make any posts or comments, as the database is being moved to the new server

-Next, we switch the domain to the new server. This phase is theoretically very short, but this is where your ISP, browser or operating system may still be remembering the old server address. If we've been in this phase for let's say 20 minutes or so already, it's a good idea to restart your computer, as that may be the only thing preventing you from seeing things at the new server. (WE ARE NOW HERE)

If you're really struggling to get the server data updated, you can temporarily also use everythingfury.com to connect to the site at the new server. Note that this will only start working once we are in the last phase, right now you'll just see a "Forbidden" error message.

I'll see you on the other side!
5 days ago, 10:39 AM #2
triple PhD
Time to quickly spam before we all are consigned to eternal silence

I'm excited! Finally we can end this nightmare of a dreamhost.
5 days ago, 10:54 AM #3
AHHH-
5 days ago, 10:56 AM #4
Kyo
🐊
I agree, AHHH
5 days ago, 10:57 AM #5
-3-

Congratulations on getting the Big Move going!

Will you be posting the IP address so we can go direct while waiting for the site to propagate through the DNS system?
5 days ago, 10:58 AM #6
Kyo
🐊
You will temporarily be able to access the new server using everythingfury.com while DNS propagates. And webcomics if you just swap out webcomic.ws or thecomicseries.com or whatever with "the-webcomic.com"