Forum > News & Announcements > Server move complete!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
"Server move complete!!", 5 days ago, 1:45 PM #1
Kyo
🐊
Hello!

Can you believe only yesterday, we were on a different server? And now, we're on, well I guess we're on a different server but not the same different server

Anyway, if you can see this message, your DNS has updated and you're officially on the new server!! Post up if you notice any problems or wonkyness.

End of Announcement

Oh yeah, also, a huge thank you once again to all the patreons for funding the new server goodness! ComicFury is completely free for everyone, because it's funded fully and exclusively by people like you, almost exact carbon copies of you, same height, same haircut. Jump in on the action and get your fresh nothing as a reward today!!

5 days ago, 1:54 PM #2
formerly Tom Street
That new server smell™
5 days ago, 1:59 PM #3
It smells good.

I'm glad we no longer have to deal with really slow load times and comic fury randomly crashing anymore.

5 days ago, 2:03 PM #4
formerly Tom Street
You never know they could always creep back

But it does feel faster
5 days ago, 2:04 PM #5
Thanks for the words of encouragement

also yeah a little.

5 days ago, 2:05 PM #6
So I'm at EverythingFury.com, but when can I go back to ComicFury.com? I feel like this was explained a thousand times, but I get the error there that the security certificate is invalid. Sorry for the repetition x_x
5 days ago, 2:06 PM #7
Kyo
🐊
the certificate error is not on your end, I'm having the certs minted right now! Should only be a few more minutes, I'm just waiting for let's encrypt to fulfill the request i sent out (which is an automated system type of deal)
5 days ago, 2:08 PM #8
Ah, works now. Right after I cleared my browser's cache, which may have been a coincidence that it worked like that.
5 days ago, 2:08 PM #9
Nice for a second then I would have to start remembering to have to type out everythingfury instead of comicfury in the morning.

5 days ago, 2:12 PM #10
Huzzah! Great work, Kyo ^_^

5 days ago, 2:13 PM #11
Yay! We made it! :D Thanks so much Kyo! Can't wait for what this new era of CF will bring! ^^
5 days ago, 2:14 PM #12
Congrats on the server move! It definitely went by way faster than I expected.
Not to mention the site runs noticeably faster, which I'm not used to yet but definitely a good thing.
5 days ago, 2:15 PM #13
Botanist
I had to visit
about:networking#dns
in firefox and click the clear cache button.
5 days ago, 2:19 PM #14
no problems here in the uk. thanks for all you do, I'm sorry i could not chip in but as soon as i get to a more secure place I will help in some way. For now all i can give is my loyalty and word of mouth for the site, sorry.
5 days ago, 2:25 PM #15
Hooray! Even hitting the reply button, the next page came up so quick. I’m excited to see the performance on this new server, then get used to it, and then complain if it ever gets even slightly slower than I feel it should be at.

But seriously, thank you Kyo for all that you do!
5 days ago, 2:25 PM #16
🥔 Potato Parttaker 🥔
Hurray!! Thank you Kyo!!
5 days ago, 2:33 PM #17
Wow, already!?

With the big ol' wall of text the other day about the steps we'd go through I was bracing myself for it being a few days - how neat!
5 days ago, 2:40 PM #18
Botanist
killersteak:I had to visit
about:networking#dns
in firefox and click the clear cache button.

actually its kinda all over the place. i check my notification to read the comment thats waiting and i end up on dreamhost again x.x

scared to try again.
5 days ago, 2:43 PM #19
Wait what???
Already done?????

Wow that was fast and painless.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
5 days ago, 2:51 PM #20
Botanist
i clicked the forum button at the bottom and ended up on the dreamhost version. arg. i get anxious when things dont work right. i should wait another hour or so.
Forum > News & Announcements > Server move complete!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7