Forum > News & Announcements > Server move complete!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
6 days ago, 5:58 PM #61
Kyo
🐊
That's all pretty strange. Then again, DNS migrations like this have never not been incredibly painful for me with weird issues like that, but it does usually all work itself out within a day or so
6 days ago, 5:58 PM #62
BTW Kyo, the thing with the banners that I mentioned earlier has been fixed now at least for me.
6 days ago, 6:11 PM #63
🐩 Poodle Lover 🐩
Kyo:that's strange, it shouldn't even have https yet, unless you just clicked through the warning in your browser. But yes, right now the comics are still linked to using http, that'll change once we're ready

Ah, yeah, I did click through the warning lol
6 days ago, 6:13 PM #64
I am impressed with how painless that was on our end XD
6 days ago, 6:26 PM #65
killersteak:I had to visit
about:networking#dns
in firefox and click the clear cache button.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

I was bouncing back and forth between the old version, and everythingfury, after re-starting twice, and starting to think I'd have to sheepishly beg for help- then I did what you wrote, and it works now.
For the non-savvy like me: paste

about:networking#dns

in a new Firefox tab, click "clear", then click "refresh" to see that it worked (the listing on the bottom should disappear.) Then try going to comicfury.com again.

Also, huge props to Kyo for making this such an easy and painless transition... and for giving us all a nice new home.
6 days ago, 6:43 PM #66
I demand that one of the artists here illustrate what a "Fresh Nothing" is!
6 days ago, 6:43 PM #67
I've been having some trouble uploading new pages after the update. Whenever I try to upload, everything looks fine, but when I click to see the new page/go to my webcomic's site I'm met with a "that comic page was not found!" alert.
6 days ago, 6:46 PM #68
Kyo
🐊
that probably means that your webcomic is still resolving to the old server for you. Try checking at https://sacrelim.the-webcomic.com and you should be able to see the new page (although the image might not show up if img.comicfury.com is also still pointing to the old server for you - but this'll fix itself)
6 days ago, 6:47 PM #69
I can't see my comments on other people's comics....
Derp.
6 days ago, 6:49 PM #70
Kyo
🐊
probably the same exact reason. the comics are on a different domain so those are still showing up from the old server, but the comment form is already being loaded from the new server for you.
6 days ago, 6:50 PM #71
Oh man, the migration was quick! Thank you for your hard work Kyo.
6 days ago, 7:14 PM #72
Main site rolled back for me on my phone again to a point that was a little later in the process but still before the move was done, I powered my iPhone off & on 2-3 times, cleared the website data for comicfury from my phone, restarted safari, and it still takes me back to that point, so right now I’m here on the everythingfury version. Not sure what’s going on. I’ll see if the main one is working again for me yet.

Edit: ok that’s weird, it didn’t work didn’t work and didn’t work, but after I logged in & posted from everythingfury, that somehow gave my iPhone like, a hint or something and now the comicfury site works again? I’m confused.
6 days ago, 7:18 PM #73
I keep a tab of CF open on my phone. Mini panic attack until I realized I just needed to close the tab and open a new one. Lol yaaaaayyyyyy everything feels fancy and new!
6 days ago, 7:41 PM #74
🚿
Werewolfsbane:
Edit: ok that’s weird, it didn’t work didn’t work and didn’t work, but after I logged in & posted from everythingfury, that somehow gave my iPhone like, a hint or something and now the comicfury site works again? I’m confused.

I was having the same issues as you and I figured I'd try doing that as well. Strangely enough, it seems to have worked!
6 days ago, 7:46 PM #75
I got tired of waiting for my ISP to get around to refreshing their DNS (they can be really lazy about that), so set my DNS to Cloudflare's DNS service.

So if you've rebooted your router & PC & cleared the DNS cache and are still seeing the old site, your ISP is just lazy.
6 days ago, 8:16 PM #76
Environment Knight
I get an "Error connecting to server" message when I try to upload a comic page! Should I just wait it out?
6 days ago, 8:23 PM #77
wuooooh!! it's already switched?? that was so fast! i am impressed

(zero problems on my end so far... though I haven't tried doing anything with my comic site yet)
6 days ago, 8:38 PM #78
Kyo:If you're asking if comicfury.com will permanently be renamed to everythingfury.com, the answer is no

Missed opportunity. Could have been comicsansfury as your temporary site.
that’s for real.
6 days ago, 8:51 PM #79
Kyo
🐊
Taily:I get an "Error connecting to server" message when I try to upload a comic page! Should I just wait it out?

Hmm, I'm not sure this would be caused by DNS issues. Have you tried multiple times?
6 days ago, 8:56 PM #80
So uh, I tried uploading a couple new pages to my comic, but they're just coming up with errors instead of actually uploading the page. I tested it with one of my older pages, to see if there was just an error with the files, but no, nothing that I upload now is working.
Forum > News & Announcements > Server move complete!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7