Forum > News & Announcements > Server move complete!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
6 days ago, 8:58 PM #81
Kyo
🐊
are you getting an error while uploading or can you just not see the page once you've uploaded it? If it's the latter, that probably means img.comicfury.com is still pointing at the old server to you. You can post a link to a page you uploaded here so I can confirm if it's visible on my end
6 days ago, 9:00 PM #82
The two pages I uploaded just a few minutes ago. They upload, it's just that is comes up with an error when you try going to the page.

http://thelongway.thecomicseries.com/comics/54/
http://thelongway.thecomicseries.com/comics/55/
6 days ago, 9:02 PM #83
Kyo
🐊
Right, that's because your webcomic is on a different domain, and your DNS hasn't updated for it yet. I can see those pages, it's just that when you go to your webcomic URL, you're still getting the old server. Try rebooting if you haven't already, it may or may not fix it.
6 days ago, 9:03 PM #84
Environment Knight
Kyo:Hmm, I'm not sure this would be caused by DNS issues. Have you tried multiple times?

Closing the tab and doing the process all over again worked! Problem resolved! :)
6 days ago, 9:15 PM #85
Kyo:Try rebooting if you haven't already, it may or may not fix it.

Unfortunately, that actually seems to have made the problem worse. Now it just doesn't recognize that those pages exist, and I can't upload anything new to go to. Guess I'll just wait things out and let the server do it's thing while it's getting into the minutiae, and just try again tomorrow.
6 days ago, 9:18 PM #86
Kyo
🐊
what error is it giving you when trying to upload something new?
6 days ago, 9:32 PM #87
Wooo, GG! I'm on the Duck Duck browser on my phone and everything looks like it's working to me. :)
6 days ago, 10:24 PM #88
ayyy let's go
6 days ago, 10:58 PM #89
I don't know if it's just burps and settling, but every time I try to do anything on the new site, like click on a new page or post a comment, it always gives me a "hmm, page not found" error. I have to hit the "try again" button once or twice each time to get it to load. I'm using Firefox. It could just be my connection, or the browser, or something, but thought I should report it just in case.
6 days ago, 11:07 PM #90
Kyo
🐊
Can you try another browser and see if it happens there too?
5 days ago, 12:02 AM #91
I'm getting an error message when trying to add a new page: "Error!: You did not enter a title for this page!"

I did enter a title though, in my usual format: "Ep. 42, Page 78."

I also tried just "title" for the title, but still got the error.
5 days ago, 12:04 AM #92
oh WOW that was quick. i didn't even know we were going today, how painless! here i was rushing to make a page so i could get it uploaded before that was turned off (and didn't rush very well)
5 days ago, 12:06 AM #93
SWEET! I uploaded a test image of FireLouie to chapter 9 to see if I could see the image and it still works on the domain that Louie Chronicles is at! : D

Nice job on the move! I didn't know that the upload feature would be up and running by the time I got home today! : D
I don't have worry about having issues with uploading chapter 9 pages in late August!
5 days ago, 12:34 AM #94
Kyo
🐊
smbhax:I'm getting an error message when trying to add a new page: "Error!: You did not enter a title for this page!"

I did enter a title though, in my usual format: "Ep. 42, Page 78."

I also tried just "title" for the title, but still got the error.

Can you send me a screenshot of an upload form where this is happening to you? No idea what could be causing this, and I did just successfully upload a page titled "Ep. 42, Page 78". Not to go too trigger happy on blaming user error, but to be honest my leading theory is that you might have entered the title in the "Mouseover Text" input by accident
5 days ago, 12:38 AM #95
Kyo:Can you send me a screenshot of an upload form where this is happening to you? No idea what could be causing this, and I did just successfully upload a page titled "Ep. 42, Page 78". Not to go too trigger happy on blaming user error, but to be honest my leading theory is that you might have entered the title in the "Mouseover Text" input by accident

https://smbhax.com/stuff/temp/cf_title.jpg

Cleared site data and logged back in, but the problem still occurs. Also tried it in a second browser, same problem.
5 days ago, 12:43 AM #96
Kyo:Can you try another browser and see if it happens there too?

This glitch seems to have smoothed itself out. No further problems to report!
5 days ago, 12:49 AM #97
Kyo
🐊
smbhax:https://smbhax.com/stuff/temp/cf_title.jpg

Cleared site data and logged back in, but the problem still occurs. Also tried it in a second browser, same problem.

that's extremely strange, I can't reproduce it at all. Can you press F12 to open the error console and see if that contains anything? Also, what browsers did you try?
5 days ago, 12:54 AM #98
Kyo:that's extremely strange, I can't reproduce it at all. Can you press F12 to open the error console and see if that contains anything? Also, what browsers did you try?

Firefox and Chrome. I don't know what to look for in their F12 panels.

Jeepers I'm getting something strange here on the forum too, when I click Post either my message disappears, or it posts but the quoted part doesn't post. Maybe aliens are taking over my WiFi or something.
5 days ago, 12:56 AM #99
Kyo
🐊
There should be a tab called "Console", which may very well be selected already. Then just go through the upload process until it fails, and post a screenshot of it, it may show a javascript error or something along those lines that could potentially explain what's happening.

e: about your edit - it shouldn't make your post disappear but quotes automatically get disappeared if they're quoting the post directly above to reduce clutter, since people used to have a habit of quoting extremely long posts that were directly above theirs
5 days ago, 1:01 AM #100
Jeepers I can't post a quoted reply, the Message field just resets with my changes gone...