Forum > General discussion > absolute crap that you genuinely enjoy
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"absolute crap that you genuinely enjoy", 4th Aug 2021, 12:50 AM #1
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
i know we've had threads like this before about movies, but now it's just for literally any garbage that you acknowledge is objectively bad and low quality, but you enjoy the hell out of it

i'm a big fan of those anime series on youtube made by twelve year olds using MSPaint and windows movie maker. i started watching them when i was a teen because i liked to make fun of them, but now i'm an old man and can appreciate the amount of time it takes to make something like that. yes, it's cringy and the art is bad and the voice actors are whisper-shouting, but i love it and we can fight about it.

i can't really remember the ones i liked the most, but i know a lot of them were taken down, which is a shame.

what's your favorite trash?
4th Aug 2021, 1:01 AM #2
Drakkhen for the SNES

My dad had this game when I was little, so I played it. I don’t know. I’m not sure if I’d necessarily call it trash as just really hard to get into, including for myself. It’s basically a fantasy RPG, but the battles are random encounters mixed with real time battles and it’s kind of very hard and unforgiving, especially at the beginning.

But there’s so many nostalgic and good things about it. Like the opening before you get into the game is genuinely bad-ass / terrifying as a kid with a giant dragon using laser eyes to write out the backstory of the game on a tombstone.

Also, I genuinely enjoy the music in this game. It has some bops.

Plus, there’s some strange random encounters in the game. If you run into certain urn things in the over world map you’ll have to fight these giant dog heads that shoot laser beams. And when it’s night time (there is a day and night cycle) there’s a random chance if you look at a certain part of the sky that a constellation will start moving and then summon this giant shadow bird thing that will completely wreck your party because it’s so overpowered.

I guess what interests me the most about this game is these adventurers having to survive in such a ruthless world that can kill you at any moment. Doesn’t really translate into the best game, though, especially for how difficult it can be at the start.
4th Aug 2021, 1:07 AM #3
shibazoid!:i'm a big fan of those anime series on youtube made by twelve year olds using MSPaint and windows movie maker.

This was virtually the only Naruto I ever watched.
4th Aug 2021, 1:25 AM #4
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
jmluvsbob:Drakkhen for the SNES

ah, yes, i remember. Brian, Bill, Langley, and Big Bill are unforgettable protagonists.

@Kokoneos i had friends in middle school who talked about those videos, but i still have never seen them. i'm still trying to remember the names of my favorite fanime to post here.
4th Aug 2021, 1:26 AM #5
yesterday, you said junoro
Deadly Premonition, although it's got a bit of a cult following for other people who like garbage!! Mr Francis York Morgan is ....unforgettable

As is the Life Is Beautiful song lmao
4th Aug 2021, 1:27 AM #6
You know the Carameldansen? The famous version is by a band called the Caramella Girls, who make sped-up music with weird pseudo-anime animations. It's pretty clear they're kinda just riding on the success of the Carameldansen and hoping it happen again. They even made a new song hoping it'll would start a new meme. (It didn't).

...And sometimes when I need a boost I listen to their music and pretend it's the backing track of some kind of wacky RPG boss battle. I live in fear of someone noticing and asking what I'm listening to.
4th Aug 2021, 1:47 AM #7
junoro:Deadly Premonition, although it's got a bit of a cult following for other people who like garbage!! Mr Francis York Morgan is ....unforgettable

Oh, yes, yes, triple yes. Fucking love the game even though I haven’t played it yet (I really should at some point). I watched others play it multiple times, and it is just the perfect bad game. It’s very unintuitive and repetitive, yet the story, atmosphere, and characters are just great.

Never watched through the second one, but there’s a special place in my heart for the first one.
4th Aug 2021, 1:59 AM #8
@Shibazoid yeh Naruto really infiltrated my friend group and I couldn't get into it without the banana sword guy. Zabuza?
So mainly I just got into parodies of naruto. It's not really good for this thread since I don't watch it now. But I was curious if you had seen those.

uhhh probably a lot of things. I think I must have really bad tastes b/c I always find myself loving things that ppl hate. Fallout 76, The Last of Us 2, Chris Chibnall's writing (I even love the Timeless Child's plotline- it fit so well imo)... but if you asked me those aren't objectively trash.

So the one I'd say is trash that I still enjoy are the Chronicles of Narnia (1988) with the chicken nugget beavers and one really hammy actress playing female villains (white witch for example). It was magical to me as a child and now it's like 505 min of meme time.
4th Aug 2021, 2:06 AM #9
junoro:Deadly Premonition, although it's got a bit of a cult following for other people who like garbage!! Mr Francis York Morgan is ....unforgettable

Loved Deadly Prem. There's so little it there quite like it.

Mmm... I love awful b movies. Less like Plan 9 and more like Samurai Cop.
4th Aug 2021, 2:28 AM #10
Drum bum
Kokoneos:This was virtually the only Naruto I ever watched.
Video

OH MY GOOOOOD THANKS FOR THE IDEA FOR THIS THREAD. Obligatory I still watch 2010-era edgy warrior cat videos sometimes which is what I clicked on this thread to say BUT OKAY. OKAY. DID YOU EVER WATCH THOSE NARUTO RANDOMNESS VIDEOS

THEYRE NOT. GOOD. ITS NONSTOP GAY JOKES FOR THE ONLY ONE I REALLY REMEMBER SO ITS NOT GOOD. ITS SO 2008. BUT ITS SO NOSTALGIC AND THE LAST ONE IN PARTICULAR ACTUALLY HAS SOME FUNNY ZINGERS.

i just also think since i was a child during 2000s i never really got sick of 2000s political commentary so its still funny to me bUT ANYWAYS NO LIKE I WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THESE VIDEOS ARE NONSTOP GAY JOKES SO THEY ARE BAD BUT I STILL REALLY LOVE THEM
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
4th Aug 2021, 2:46 AM #11
4th Aug 2021, 3:07 AM #12
Wanna see what kinda crap was huge among my demographic (Edgy teenage boys) when I was in high school?
EDGY DBZ AMVs
THIS SHIT WAS PRACTICALLY AN INDUSTRY AMONG US IN THE EARLY-MID 2000s

Now just imagine some high school age dork with long messy hair in his room vibing to this in 2005 with DBZ/Danny Phantom drawings in a nearby sketchbook and BAM that's me. I still unironically enjoy these.
4th Aug 2021, 3:09 AM #13
Taking Names & Spitting Images
aHEM HRRRrm cough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao60Ljta9Gc sorry what?
4th Aug 2021, 3:11 AM #14
loved birds way before they were the word

"Children of the Corn" is legitimately one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. It's not supposed to be a comedy, but the entire thing is so over-the-top corny and absurd that it's hard not to laugh at it. My favorite part is when the protagonists hit someone with their car, stuff his body in the trunk, and never address it ever again. They don't report an accident, try to hide the body, or even talk about it to anyone. It has no consequence on the plot, and the situation remains unresolved when the credits roll. Pretty sure he's still in there.

My other favorite part is all the ridiculous faces this dude makes.

4th Aug 2021, 3:25 AM #15
Really bad cheesy horror films in general, I cannot get enough of them

Also Dingo Films, I think they're crap but they are so crap that it's really really enjoyable to watch them.
4th Aug 2021, 3:45 AM #16
If the song "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65 counts as crap, let me just openly state that I'm into that CRAP.

If ridiculously campy and SFX heavy music videos from the 80s-90s also count as crap, then let me just declare with frankness and open honesty that I'M INTO THAT CRAP.
4th Aug 2021, 4:00 AM #17
^ I'm with you on that one. I listened to that song soooooo much when I was in like middle school.
4th Aug 2021, 4:28 AM #18
loved birds way before they were the word
^ ^ That song is officially stuck in my head now. I don’t think I’ve listened to it since 2005 or so, but there’s no forgetting it.

Edit: speaking of corny music videos

4th Aug 2021, 4:35 AM #19
Drum bum
^^^^^Oh my God, wait, my roommate and I were JUST walking about this song. It came on her radio and she went "I hate the verses but the chorus bangs and now it's stuck in my head." So then it was stuck in my head. AND NOW ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN I CANT ESCAPE THIS SONG AND ALL THIS SONG MAKES ME THINK OF IS FLIPNOTE HATENA I AM DYING

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAA OH MY GOD WHO OKAYED THATM USIC VIDEO IM PISSING MYSELF THATS SO FITTING FOR THIS THREAD
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
4th Aug 2021, 4:38 AM #20
Speaking of music, I genuinely enjoy listening to a lot of the awful, vapid pop music that plays on the radio these days

:-(

I can’t even defend these songs as “so bad it’s good” they’re honestly just bad
Pages: 1 2 3 4