Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > ART TRADE! (Comic page edition)
Pages: 1 2 3
"ART TRADE! (Comic page edition)", 16th Aug 2021, 1:26 PM #1
Hey everyone! I hope your day is going well. This is just an idea that I'm not 100% sure will take off, but I want to give it a try. I wanted to do art trades myself, but with a twist. If you redraw one of my comic pages in your style, I can draw one of your comic pages in my style. Granted, a comic page may take a day or two since I'm not the fastest when it comes to drawing comic pages. This is super experimental but I want to give it a shot.

Rules:
- You can redraw any page from my comic HOPE, but only one since I'm only doing one of your comic pages.
- I am a bit limited in what I can draw, I can draw Humans, Furries, Pokemon, Animals (to an extent), and simple robots. I can try to draw vehicles but they won't be accurate or the best drawn.
- I can draw anything up to Pg-13 with some gore being the most I'll draw. I won't draw nudity, as I'm still not comfortable drawing it, let alone looking at it. Though implied nudity is fine.
- Feel free to change up the composition of the page you choose to redraw. Everyone's art style is different, and that means they'll handle panel placement different, so feel free to change it up.
- Have fun!

Again, this is experimental and I'm not 100% sure it will take off, but I think it's worth a shot.
16th Aug 2021, 1:44 PM #2
I'm not sure if'll be motivated.
Though lends itself to curiousity.

I have comic, however speaking stylistically it is 'sprite' comic that uses kirbies. I wouldn't mind seeing any of 700ish pages, one those made thus far redrawn in your 'drawing' style.

I took screenshot of said Chapter 2, Page 15 for comic page should I try redrawing.

I not sure if I will actually take prompt, or if I did when I even get to it, I rather not waste time and effort so unless I decide to do so rather not bother you further.

I was just wondering if you could 'draw' kirbies?
16th Aug 2021, 1:46 PM #3
Kirbies are easy, but I still think it's challenging enough, considering it's in comic form. If you want to do sprite, I won't stop you. Sprites are an art-form too.
16th Aug 2021, 2:02 PM #4
No I would just draw it. I can't sprite, my laptop is currently on brink of death. I only have phone. I'm only mentioning cause they literally what my comic is.

I just not sure if I should ask if it might take me either rather short or long time to fulfill the same. All due to how my motivation fluxs on whim out of my control.

I suppose if I do, I'll reply with finished product. At lest give link since, if you did in respond selecting through 700 isn't fast(?) depending

comicfury.com/comicprofile.php?url=ktd
16th Aug 2021, 2:44 PM #5
I’m interested! Sounds like a lot of fun. I’ll redraw a page from Hope if you’ll do one from Minimal.
16th Aug 2021, 2:46 PM #6
alright I will do a page of Hope and you try to draw any page of TAOSP of your choice
16th Aug 2021, 10:10 PM #7
I can do both Minimal and TAOSP! Sounds like fun!
16th Aug 2021, 10:11 PM #8
Ah good cause I already have a sketch of one of your pages
16th Aug 2021, 10:41 PM #9
Holy shit this is a cool idea! I'm down! Take on any page of Arkin Blade you want, I'll take a look at HOPE later tonight.
16th Aug 2021, 11:42 PM #10
This sounds really cool, I'd love to participate!
16th Aug 2021, 11:59 PM #11
Alright! Adding Arkin and Pigeon and Rat to the list! :3
17th Aug 2021, 12:00 AM #12
Awesome. I shall begin the hunt to find what page I'm going to redraw.
17th Aug 2021, 12:02 AM #13
formerly Komi the Lass
All the characters of my Comic are, Trains. would you be ok with that?

I could get some references and Class info to use if you'd like

Edit: My comic contains heavy swearing so be warned
17th Aug 2021, 12:21 AM #14
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
17th Aug 2021, 12:30 AM #15
formerly Komi the Lass
would you like the References and class info?
17th Aug 2021, 1:02 AM #16
and done

17th Aug 2021, 1:06 AM #17
HOLY! I freaking love this! I just noticed the "Legal Drugs" signs! Easily the best parts! Nicely done!
17th Aug 2021, 1:12 AM #18
The text is tilted slightly and I forgot to color a small area but at the same time it's 3 am

I will post redo after I wake up as it will take few minutes barely to correct it
17th Aug 2021, 1:14 AM #19
I particularly like, "Get High Legally." But yeah, everything else about the page is quite impressive as well. Really cool seeing these characters in your style, Zero Hour!
17th Aug 2021, 1:20 AM #20
I have no life so here is the corrected version