Forum > Critique > Cover Art... PART 3
Pages: 1
"Cover Art... PART 3", One week ago, 7:26 PM #1
Hello all I am back once again seeking opinions! :D

So I colored the drawing I did for a title page:

I do not feel as if it is "finished" yet. Suggestions?? GO!!
One week ago, 8:25 PM #2
Some things I could think of:

I don’t know if this is what you were going for, but the background characters kind of blend in with the wings. I think the only thing you’d have to do if you wanted to change that would be to add some darker shadows or brighter highlights (or both) on the characters to stand out while still being the same colors. I think it looks good how it is right now, but just a suggestion.

And then, it’s just very white in the background. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you could add some light streaks of other light colors so that it’s still “white” but with a little more going on.

That’s all I got. It looks really good with what you’ve got there and I don’t think anyone would complain if you stopped right here, but do what makes it feel complete to you!
One week ago, 8:45 PM #3
The composition is excellent, as is the choice of color. However, there is some je ne sais quoi missing in regard to the blank background. It needs something to properly set off the important parts of the image.
One week ago, 11:07 PM #4
it seems you're both on the same page (haha, pun :P) as me regarding the background. I was wondering if it needed something. I've got an idea in mind... well! if i screw it up, at least i have this digital copy lol
One week ago, 11:51 PM #5
I think the white is really sleek, honestly. especially if I imagine it as a book.. what I would try, since this is traditional work?

Print a copy and bolden the outline of the line art to see if you like it as to not ruin the WIP.

The black would help define the image and make it look more complete.
6 days ago, 12:09 AM #6
Kokoneos:I think the white is really sleek, honestly.

Agree. I think it keeps the eye on what's in the foreground and doesn't look muddled.
6 days ago, 8:26 PM #7
Aight I made some adjustments, tell me what y'all think:

6 days ago, 8:34 PM #8
I like it a lot. Perfect. 10/10 would look at again.
6 days ago, 8:57 PM #9
That's a keeper. It feels more balanced, and the new waves contrast well with the character in front.
6 days ago, 10:22 PM #10
Looks good!
5 days ago, 4:29 PM #11
Thanks y'all, your feedback has been most appreciated!