Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Who is the best supporting actor…I mean character in your comic?
Pages: 1 2
"Who is the best supporting actor…I mean character in your comic?", One week ago, 9:57 PM #1
Definitely my boi Evan. He’s always pulling up the rear in this origin story, but it makes a big difference nonetheless <33

Some more good moments under spoiler:

How about in your comic? Who is the underrated sidekick or best supportive friend backing up the rest of the cast, or just one of the cast like with Evan?
6 days ago, 6:57 AM #2
formerly DrFurball
Y'know how everyone has one friend that they butt heads with, insult, and often irritate (and get irritated by) but still respect and enjoy the company of?
That sums up the relationship that George has with Lucky (to be fair, Lucky can be kind of a gadfly), who, despite having made only a handful of appearances, seems to be the most popular supporting character (at least, my 15-year-old cousin likes him a lot).

One of my friends really likes Liz's friend (and George's crush), Cassandra, even expressing a desire to cosplay as her (honestly, I need to develop her a bit more. She was established as being very shy, but I haven't really brought it up lately).

Personally speaking, my favorite supporting character to write is the science teacher, Mr. Cable.
He's very eccentric, and mysterious, with whatever backstory details I've given being very odd. His usual lack of emotion is fun, too.
6 days ago, 8:11 AM #3
Amp is screaming in my ear that he's the guy as always, and sure he's got a point, but pipe down kid let's give someone else a chance

I have to mention Phil of course for leading everything behind the scenes, but as for characters in a more visible role, I'm leaning towards Sturm? He was just so effortlessly cool all the time even when I didn't intend for him to be.

But if we're talking underrated supportive character, I always have a soft spot in my heart for Raida. Intelligent for her age, and a sweet innocent soul who has to put up not only with all the violence around her, but also with a hyperactive little brother (which she does with all the love anyone could muster, but still :D). Besides, she will probably be Phil's successor, so she'll be doing plenty of active supporting in her future to warrant a spot on this list.
6 days ago, 8:58 AM #4
Esterina, probably. She's smart, resourceful, and is probably the only person alive who really cares about her brother Jan.
She's also funny, has an outlandish fashion sense and an inexplicable obsession for weddings.
6 days ago, 10:15 AM #5
people's reactions to Astor's first appearance in Chapter IV so far have been 2:1 on him being the coolest character

... however he also tends to get the opposite reaction, because he does shoot one of the main characters in the head* because of a misjudgement. he makes up for it later by taking out the right target just in the nick of time and temporarily joins the squad for a little while.

*she's fine btw.
6 days ago, 12:07 PM #6
whiteshaix:Esterina, probably. She's smart, resourceful, and is probably the only person alive who really cares about her brother Jan.
She's also funny, has an outlandish fashion sense and an inexplicable obsession for weddings.

Sounds adorable! UwU
6 days ago, 12:58 PM #7
Unimportant Character, he appeared once as a cameo, once as an enemy and will be a supporting reoccurring character as I took a weird liking to him
6 days ago, 1:25 PM #8
From my upcoming comic, Magical Heartbreaker, I’m going to say the fairies. The main two fairies of our protagonist and deuteragonist, Nox and Tegan, have this fun odd couple dynamic, and Blackheart, whose owner I shall not name due to spoilers, has a really cool design.
6 days ago, 1:30 PM #9
For ZDatE, I think Carrie. Newly-made widow who just wants to help and always does her best. Also got to punch a demon in the face when it tried to possess her. Absolute cinnamon bun.

For EGatMaL, Jeff might fit, even though he’s part of the main team. He has no stakes in anything, he’s laid-back to a fault, and just likes to mess with people. Also his invisibility/hammerspace powers are neat.
6 days ago, 4:01 PM #10
image image

Eric is a Good Boi.
6 days ago, 4:28 PM #11
I'm gonna go with Cecilia, who appears in chapters 3, 8, 9 and 10, but who I unfortunately couldn't really use more in a way that would organically make sense for the story.

I'm not quite sure why I really liked her, I guess the idea of a witch who's also a single mother was just really appealing.

6 days ago, 4:47 PM #12
HIM-

(Credit to Mango Cat for the beautiful images below~)

6 days ago, 5:29 PM #13
The Alolan PokeNerd:HIM-

(Credit to Mango Cat for the beautiful images below~)

Love that last expression there lol

Merged Doublepost:

BustyLaroo:Image
Image Image

Eric is a Good Boi.

So wholesome!!
6 days ago, 5:38 PM #14
my comic only has 8 pages so far so she hasn't had her chance to shine, but definitely katie! can't spoil why but she's got some reasons for why she's my absolute favorite out of the family C:

6 days ago, 5:46 PM #15
Well, I'm going to have to say Abbot right now considering the fact that he's losing his place as the main character.

I'd say Beezer, but in all honesty he's just become highly underwhelming compared to what I was originally intending for him to be.

There's also the problem that pretty much all the supporting characters so far can become antagonists any time when the current threat for Abbot is irrelevant.
6 days ago, 5:51 PM #16
the only safe place is the top shelf
Well, there's Cleo!
She a very smart kid who has done many helpful things already...

And then, there's Selene Wildebees. Per occupation she's supporting Bettina Timmy - but often helps out other characters too!
6 days ago, 10:41 PM #17
I'd say Aileen Imma and her TV crew, "Watch the Skies". They're like the Scooby Doo gang, but....lame. And they know it. But they try to play it off like they don't know it.
6 days ago, 10:51 PM #18
I originally intended to have Damian Leclaire be the comically serious foil to protagonist Grenda Schneider in my Shadestaker series, but after I finished making the pilot episode, I decided to give him...much more depth...
5 days ago, 1:00 AM #19
yesterday, you said junoro
Tyrne Lyzirill wins the award, despite his entrance being somewhat... off-putting. When he was first introduced, I had some people tell me that he seemed like that annoying coworker who puts all the work on other people. And that was definitely intentional! He usually holds his cards close to his chest and doesn't let people know what he's really thinking.

Of course, then he has a moment where he's concerned that Nana's pushing herself too hard, and some humanity slips through the cracks. Through the story so far, he's both annoyed Nana and picked her up after she's made mistakes.

5 days ago, 2:10 AM #20

Coneflower. He's the Tom Cruise-style dead-eyed and soulless super intense gregarious. Constantly fishing for the complement that he smells nice. He's positive to a fault and somehow always finds himself in positions of power and authority. People mistake his friendliness for being nice, but he's a sociopath who is completely devoid of empathy and would step on anyone like a bug without so much as the decency to dislike them. His indifference is the coldness of space.