Forum > Forum games > Creating and updating the map of the Akona region, plus some other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
"Creating and updating the map of the Akona region, plus some other stuff.", 29th Nov 2021, 7:23 AM #1
This thread is here in order to disscus about creating more parts for this map right here, which is supposed to represent the world of this RP.
Also, it can be used as a place to ask questions about the RP, and receive answers.
1st Dec 2021, 12:13 PM #2
Some time ago, I have decided to write a short story, presenting the backstory of how Irina became a member of the Order. So, this post contains it. Though, a few, fair warnings (Also why it is put under the spoiler mark).
-It has depictions of murder. Though, it is only kept at mentioning the body, and there is no blood present.
-It has some mild swearing.
- Word count-3005 words

Paste bin version (Better text formatting)
2nd Dec 2021, 1:22 AM #3
So since we’ve had some back and forth on it on the comic page itself, can we get some specific guidelines regarding the stones?

I realize you want us to build the world together, which is cool, but since there’s been an expressed desire for consistency among the stones, it would be good to set some ground rules for the designs, the powers, etc. That way people know before they create and design a stone what sort of expectations and guidelines they’re working with.

We also need to ensure that these baseline guidelines are very clear, because if we leave too much up to implication and interpretation, people can misunderstand or miss things entirely.
2nd Dec 2021, 3:16 AM #4
Drew Lupine as a human

2nd Dec 2021, 3:32 AM #5
Is there anyway that I might be able to become an author of Mark's Guild comic? I would like to be able to post art of characters and what not. I also don't think Random Eevee Child or i95las are authors either and they are part of the RP too.
2nd Dec 2021, 3:37 AM #6
Invites have been sent out. Took me a bit to get added too so I don't think people are keeping track of who's part of the comic and what not. Let me know if you didn't get the invite or if anyone else needs to be added.
2nd Dec 2021, 3:39 AM #7
Thank you, noblejanobii! I got the invite.
2nd Dec 2021, 7:06 AM #8
noblejanobii:So since we’ve had some back and forth on it on the comic page itself, can we get some specific guidelines regarding the stones?

I realize you want us to build the world together, which is cool, but since there’s been an expressed desire for consistency among the stones, it would be good to set some ground rules for the designs, the powers, etc. That way people know before they create and design a stone what sort of expectations and guidelines they’re working with.

We also need to ensure that these baseline guidelines are very clear, because if we leave too much up to implication and interpretation, people can misunderstand or miss things entirely.

Alright, I understand your concerns.
Because of this, here are the rules for creating Stones:
1. Their qualities have to be related to someone one would consider a civilization/natural habitat was built with (violence, lust, etc.)
2. They need to have a negative after effect, for every time they are used by a mortal (shortening their life spans, making them loose things precious to them, etc.), or an extra condition than just `having the Stone` for using the Stone, related to its powers. Bonus points if the after effect is more intense, the more intense the power gotten from the Stone is. (For example, using it to just boost something a lil` bit won`t shorten one`s life span as much as using its full powers.)
2nd Dec 2021, 7:50 AM #9
Hey i95las, would I be allowed to change Cole's age slightly, or is it too late in the RP for that? I just feel like something around 16 might work a little better than 18 for him, and we're still relatively early in the RP, and his age hasn't really affected much in the RP so far, so would that be alright?

(I don't usually stay up this late, but I wanted to post this question really quick)

(EDIT: Wrote effected instead of affected originally)
2nd Dec 2021, 8:53 AM #10
Yeah, you can! Don`t worry about it.
2nd Dec 2021, 2:38 PM #11
So I had an idea about some worldbuilding that I think might get the Stones and their effects to fit in nicely. But first I want to know the current 'origin story' of Akona. Was there an ancient battle between Xerneas and Yveltal? A full out war? How closely was Zygarde involved? Did Xerneas win, or was it a stand-still? Is it something else entirely?
2nd Dec 2021, 3:19 PM #12
i95las:Yeah, you can! Don`t worry about it.

Alright, thanks!
2nd Dec 2021, 4:38 PM #13
RozMatozz:So I had an idea about some worldbuilding that I think might get the Stones and their effects to fit in nicely. But first I want to know the current 'origin story' of Akona. Was there an ancient battle between Xerneas and Yveltal? A full out war? How closely was Zygarde involved? Did Xerneas win, or was it a stand-still? Is it something else entirely?

Yup, pretty much. There was a war between Xerneas and Yveltal, in which mortals assisted both sides, which ended with Xerneas winning. After it, the two tired legendaries went dormant, in hiding places. But before that happened, Xerneas bestowed the Stones upon the region, in order to give the mortals as much control over Akona as possible, because it was just a barren land after the war. Using their powers, Pokemon on her side reshaped it however they saw fit, before the Stones went into hiding.
2nd Dec 2021, 11:29 PM #14
Hm, cool. So yeah, I had an idea. So, hundreds(or thousands) of year ago, there was a war between Xerneas and Yveltal. Yveltal's army in the war probably ended up becoming the beginning of the Order, and Xerneas's were probably tasked with keeping careful watch over the Stones of Life, which Xerneas created after they won the war. However, what if she didn't make all of them at the same time, or even after the war? Think about it. Stones of Death and Violence aren't going to be any help to rebuild and rule a region ravaged by war. What if, Xerneas made those Stones during the war, and they assisted her side, leading to their victory? Then immediately after the war, Xerneas made the stones of Creation and Memory. Creation to rebuild, and Memory to heal those who had been traumatized by the war, and to remember their fallen comrades. Then, just before she went to sleep, Xerneas created the Stone of Gratitude. It is the ONLY Stone to not have repercussions- what if that's because it was not created with war in mind, but with moving past it? To encourage friendship and cooperation?

I really don't know where we could fit in the Stone of Greed here. What do you think about the story, and what are your ideas?
2nd Dec 2021, 11:33 PM #15
^ Oh my Arceus that's so cool :0

Hmm, maybe the Stone of Greed was created during the war as well, but it was made to punish/send a warning to those who attempted to steal the Stones from Xerneas? It could've been specifically made of gold because that would be what the thrives are most attracted to, therefore making theives more likely to steal it based off appearances than the other two-
2nd Dec 2021, 11:41 PM #16
While that makes sense, it really makes Greed sound like something less then a real Stone. Plus, it probably would have been pretty easy to set regular old booby-traps.
3rd Dec 2021, 12:27 AM #17
I’m confused, how does that make it sound less like a stone exactly? I actually thought that was a pretty clever inclusion.

Another possibility is that it was created during the war as a way to gather resources. Since the Stone of Greed doesn’t specifically make the user want to gather money, theoretically it could have been created to gather resources like food and other supplies.
3rd Dec 2021, 7:03 AM #18
RozMatozz:Hm, cool. So yeah, I had an idea. So, hundreds(or thousands) of year ago, there was a war between Xerneas and Yveltal. Yveltal's army in the war probably ended up becoming the beginning of the Order, and Xerneas's were probably tasked with keeping careful watch over the Stones of Life, which Xerneas created after they won the war. However, what if she didn't make all of them at the same time, or even after the war? Think about it. Stones of Death and Violence aren't going to be any help to rebuild and rule a region ravaged by war. What if, Xerneas made those Stones during the war, and they assisted her side, leading to their victory? Then immediately after the war, Xerneas made the stones of Creation and Memory. Creation to rebuild, and Memory to heal those who had been traumatized by the war, and to remember their fallen comrades. Then, just before she went to sleep, Xerneas created the Stone of Gratitude. It is the ONLY Stone to not have repercussions- what if that's because it was not created with war in mind, but with moving past it? To encourage friendship and cooperation?

I really don't know where we could fit in the Stone of Greed here. What do you think about the story, and what are your ideas?

Yes, I love this thing here!

Merged Doublepost:

noblejanobii:I’m confused, how does that make it sound less like a stone exactly? I actually thought that was a pretty clever inclusion.

Another possibility is that it was created during the war as a way to gather resources. Since the Stone of Greed doesn’t specifically make the user want to gather money, theoretically it could have been created to gather resources like food and other supplies.

And I also agree with Noble. What APN said about the Stone of Greed makes sense, and Noble`s explanation is also great!
3rd Dec 2021, 2:01 PM #19
noblejanobii:I’m confused, how does that make it sound less like a stone exactly? I actually thought that was a pretty clever inclusion.

I meant that I feel it suggests the Stone is only really good as a decoy, or less useful. It would make plenty more sense if the price of using Greed was more deadly, but if it makes the user stronger AND greedier, the thief is just more likely to steal more, and possibly more capable of esaping.
3rd Dec 2021, 3:40 PM #20
So I'm working on a new character right now, and I was wondering, what's the minimum age for a Pokémon to join the Guild?