Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Comic Fury Zine Summer 2022: Info/Application Thread!
Pages: 1 2
"Comic Fury Zine Summer 2022: Info/Application Thread!", 1st Apr 2022, 5:46 PM #1

Short Cut Info Please read each section before participating :3 I don't mind answering questions, but you can probably get your answer faster by reading this thread or watching our videos :D

Comic Application Period: April. 1-April 22 (or until spots fill) Applications Closed!
Cover Contest Submission Period: April 1-April 22 Submissions Closed!
Creator Quotes: April 1-May 1 Closed!

Splash Page Character Commitment: 3/5 we need 2 more commitments.

Comic Fury Zine is now accepting applications for Summer 2022! This zine is SAFE FOR WORK, and as such, all comics should be relatively tame (no nudity, no cursing, minimal violence-you get the idea. Like fights are okay, but no blood or gore).

All Applications must fit the zine's theme:
IN DREAMS

For Submission details, please read the "spoilered" rules. Blue Dragon also has created a VIDEO series to help answer application questions. Please check them out! I may have already answered your question ;)

But of course, if you have any questions, you may ask here or send us an e-mail at comicfuryzine@gmail.com

Spot Counter for Issue 4 submissions:
1) MKWizard
2) Jmluvsbob
3) OujaAkuma (Past participant, will be back up if we get more than 9 new applicants)
4) BustyLaroo
5) Snarkclaw (Past participant, volunteered for back up)
6) Blue Dragon (Past participant, will be back up if we get more than 9 new applicants)
7)
8)
9)

Back-Up
1)
2)

**We do allow past participants to apply more than once! However, if spots fill, we give first-time applicants preference for the spot, to be fair.

Want to see examples of the Zine?
For reference, here are the Zine links:
No. 1
No. 2
No. 3 NSFW!!!
No. 4

You can also check out our Comic Fury site here.
Comic Fury Zine: After Dark (NSFW)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

If you don't want to read this block of text, I HIGHLY encourage all to WATCH OUR INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:

Play list

How to Apply Video:

Zine Application Rules—Deadline for application is April 22, 2022

Your submission must fit the theme to be accepted. This is to help create a cohesive zine. To be fair and non-discriminatory, Comic Fury Zine (CFZ) accepts applications on a first come, first served basis. Details below.

Cover Contest Rules—Deadline for Cover Submissions is April 22, 2022

Creator Quotes—Deadline May 1, 2022

Guidelines: keep it either art related or ComicFury related (or both). No hate-mongering: it doesn't serve any purpose. Keep it civil and steer clear of politics. Nothing will drain the fun out of a community project faster than politics o_O

***SPLASH PAGE INFORMATION

We require a commitment of 5 or more characters for approval of a splash page.
Serious applicants only! Please read below for explanation.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Have a question? Don't be shy! If you have a question, others may as well. So ask here, or send us an e-mail at comicfuryzine@gmail.com (although posting your question here is super helpful, because others may have the same question).

Important: Please read the disclaimer for FULL transparency

Disclaimer:

The team (in alphabetical order):
BlueDragon
Erudyne
Megamaster

If you want to volunteer for Comic Fury Zine team, send us an e-mail with what you're interested in doing/capable of doing. This is all volunteer work/labor of love. There is no pay. If you volunteer, we'll work with your schedule (you can do as little, or as much as you like: I am flexible). If you're interested, we can talk via e-mail (comicfuryzine@gmail.com).
2nd Apr 2022, 12:47 PM #2
Upper Grass
You can count on me to contribute to the splash page if y’all end up having one!
2nd Apr 2022, 5:21 PM #3

Far out! Your characters are always super cute! :3
3rd Apr 2022, 12:52 AM #4
Sign me up!!
3rd Apr 2022, 1:19 AM #5
Bird Keeper
I am so excited!
3rd Apr 2022, 1:24 AM #6
I'm in. :)

I'll be creating my application to send in, along with a contender for the cover competition, a creator quote, and a character for the splash page. <3
3rd Apr 2022, 1:42 AM #7
go ahead, shoot
I’m so hyped!!
4th Apr 2022, 7:24 PM #8

@everyone
You all rock! I'm excited to see so much interest this early! :D

_________

Applications/covers are coming in and they are looking great! Man, this is going to be fantastic!!

5th Apr 2022, 12:22 AM #9
saw what you did
Im willing to volunteer as a backup if those slots aren't filled already.
5th Apr 2022, 2:45 AM #10
Sent my application in! :D
5th Apr 2022, 3:52 AM #11

^Ah man, it's gonna look awesome!

@Zaten

Hey, if you want to be a back up, that's cool! You know the drill: we only need thumbnails at this point, so aside from brainstorming a story, we don't require a lot of work up front (unless the artist wants to get things done, which is totally understandable).

Back-ups will know by April 23 if they're going to be in the zine proper, as we're not accepting applications following the deadline. Anyone who's signed up as back up that is not able to be in the published zine is welcome to complete their comic and have their pages shared as "bonus" comics on our website (and of course, they can share their work however, where ever they like). We'll advertise all bonus material in the published zine, but readers will have to go to the CFZ website to read it. All comics are linked to their respective artist's/comic.

This is voluntary: if someone signed up as back up, but there's no space for them in the zine and they DON'T want to finish their pages and be featured on the website, we're happy to abide by the artist's wishes.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense everyone XD I'm in a bit of a brain fog right now.
12th Apr 2022, 5:33 PM #12

BUMP!

12th Apr 2022, 6:21 PM #13
Sent in my submission for the cover contest ^-^
12th Apr 2022, 7:15 PM #14

OMG! It looks really cool!! :D
12th Apr 2022, 7:28 PM #15
eee thank you <3 I'm a bit worried that the detail is really cluttered? Oh well. You and your team ultimately decide lol I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the table. <3
12th Apr 2022, 10:33 PM #16

I don't think there are too many details :D

Sometimes the cover is more minimalist, sometimes it's more detailed. We usually leave the amount of detail up to the contestants :3 The covers reflect the artists here :)

The voting is held here on the forums, too! (Which means, it's the CF community ultimately picks the cover.)
12th Apr 2022, 10:53 PM #17
oh excellent. :)
18th Apr 2022, 11:03 PM #18

Five days left to apply for a comic space and or submit for the cover art contest.

Also, we need 3 more serious commitments to have a splash page.

This is just a friendly reminder :D

If you have questions feel free to e-mail comicfuryzine@gmail.com or PM me.

Cheers!
22nd Apr 2022, 3:07 AM #19

Just a quick reminder: tomorrow's the last day for applications :D

We need 3 more people interested in the splash page to green light it! Three more characters. Comment here, or send us an e-mail if you'd like to commit to a character.

After the deadline, I'll announce here if we got enough interest (and message anyone who reached out to let them know the status).

OH! And Happy Earth Day tomorrow! Every day should be Earth Day, but especially tomorrow. I dunno where I'm going with that. I just wanted to say it.
22nd Apr 2022, 3:12 AM #20
*not actually a webcomic
^ I'd love to contribute a character to the splash page
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Comic Fury Zine Summer 2022: Info/Application Thread!
Pages: 1 2