Pages: 1 2 3 4
"Blocking Changings + Pronouns on forums", 5th May 2022, 12:35 PM #1
Kyo
🐊
Hello,

I know, I know, we just did this. Anyway, I got a couple small updates for you

Blocking Changes

The blocking changes are now live!

I got lots of great feedback by the community on the last thread, so based on that I changed the plan a bit from what I announced last time. When you go to manage your blocked members in your account settings, you will now be presented with two new options:

1. Automatically deleting PMs by members you have blocked. This will not alert the blocked person that this has happened, so it's basically just like if you just trashed the message without reading it, except you don't even know that you did it.

2. You can now toggle whether there should be a button to unhide posts by blocked members on the forums.

By default, for existing members, the settings are the way the old blocking functionality worked, so if you want the auto-trash feature, or to remove the button to unhide posts, you will have to adjust them now. For new members, auto-trashing is on by default (but it also shows you your settings when you go to block someone)

Pronouns on the forums

I forgot to announce this last time. We now have a pronouns box on the forums besides posts, you can change them when editing your profile. It replaced the location box, although I may end up bringing that back too, since some people asked for it. Feel free to give your opinion below!

The part where i ask for money

yada yada hand over all your cash

5th May 2022, 12:36 PM #2
Small Critter
Ooh nice

I noticed the pronouns box

EDIT: Aw yeah first post after Kyo
5th May 2022, 12:38 PM #3
Noticed this a day ago, didn’t think too much about it. Also the location thing is fun i personally would like it back if possible

Also pls help me with this Game ;-;
5th May 2022, 1:10 PM #4
Interesting... Well, if it's not too much the hassle, I would like the "location" implemented.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
5th May 2022, 1:13 PM #5
Love you you magnificent gator. I'm already a patron, but I can send you an internet bro hug.

5th May 2022, 1:32 PM #6
the one doing the crushing
I like the pronouns field. Could we have the location field back, as well? Thanks for all your hard work.
5th May 2022, 1:32 PM #7
I’ve noticed that pronouns don’t seem to be visible on the mobile version of the site. Is that something that can be easily implemented?
5th May 2022, 1:42 PM #8
go ahead, shoot
Thank you Kyo! Very cool! Can location come back please? I want people to know that I steal people’s cheese/leftovers you know, since I chill in the fridge and all! The last thing I want to see is a grumpy room mate! Lol!
5th May 2022, 1:53 PM #9
A nice touch!
I loved Location (to live rent free in your memories) but the pronouns update is a brilliant thing.
5th May 2022, 1:56 PM #10
untamed
ive been delocalized! ack!
5th May 2022, 2:55 PM #11
Agreeing with others: I love that we can add our pronouns. But I miss the location, because people can be cheeky and it makes me happy XD
5th May 2022, 3:24 PM #12
TerrytheTeryx:I’ve noticed that pronouns don’t seem to be visible on the mobile version of the site. Is that something that can be easily implemented?

He'd have to change the author infobox layout, which people may or may not like.

imageimage
ᶜᵒᵐᶦᶜ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃʳᵗ ᵇʸ ᴵˢᵒᵐᶦᶻᵘ | ʷᵉᵇˢᶦᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵈᵉ ᵇʸ ᵂᵉᵇˡᵘʳᵉ
5th May 2022, 3:47 PM #13
the one doing the crushing
The info box does show up on the mobile breakpoint where you look at your device horizontally.
5th May 2022, 3:51 PM #14
Yeah, the layout doesn't change until your screenwidth is below 600px.
ᶜᵒᵐᶦᶜ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃʳᵗ ᵇʸ ᴵˢᵒᵐᶦᶻᵘ | ʷᵉᵇˢᶦᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵈᵉ ᵇʸ ᵂᵉᵇˡᵘʳᵉ
5th May 2022, 3:55 PM #15
Unfortunate, but I gotcha, thanks!
5th May 2022, 4:20 PM #16
one thing i see mobile sites do with alt text is make it so that if you tap an image, the alt text appears in a little box on-screen, which then disappears if you tap anywhere else. i wonder if it would be realistic to allow this to happen by tapping a user’s gender symbol (if any)
5th May 2022, 4:57 PM #17
TFM

sick B)
5th May 2022, 5:08 PM #18
Powerhouse
Aye - bring back the local box..
5th May 2022, 6:16 PM #19
saw what you did
I absolutely love the addition of a pronoun box, but I'd also really like the location box back! I wanna need at the bottom of people's trash cans >:(
5th May 2022, 6:55 PM #20
always humaning around
as a guy who's pronouns don't match its gender, i'm ELATED that there's a pronoun box now!!! i think having both the pronoun and location boxes would be a good idea, but i'm real happy about this change!!!

Forum > News & Announcements > Blocking Changings + Pronouns on forums
Pages: 1 2 3 4