Forum > General discussion > Gaming wars! PC Vs Console
Pages: 1
"Gaming wars! PC Vs Console", 14th Jun 2022, 6:07 PM #1
Generally in the world of gaming there is two types of people. PC gamers and console gamers. So which side are you on? Or are you one that likes to mix it up a bit?
14th Jun 2022, 6:10 PM #2
Regional Manager of the Jungle
sometimes my iMac will let me play a video game
14th Jun 2022, 6:45 PM #3

I was never very particular but these days I like having a console cause I do everything else on the computer. Plus it's nice to have for guests to have something to play when they come over!
14th Jun 2022, 6:59 PM #4
Side butted
Pc and consoles

I like games and I want to play them
14th Jun 2022, 7:02 PM #5
3ds. No exception
14th Jun 2022, 7:08 PM #6
Grew up on consoles (starting with Intelevsion/Colorco ones...yes I'm showing my age). Prefer PC now.
14th Jun 2022, 7:16 PM #7
I can explain
Both.

At least in the old days, you got different types of game on console or PC. Early PCs had worse sprite handling, often lower color depth, but sometimes better resolution, and storage on floppy or hard disks was slower but larger than cartridge ROMs. So PCs gravitated towards strategy games, more detailed simulations, more in-depth RPGs, while consoles gravitated towards platformers, brawlers, fighting games. Input devices affected this as well - mouse+keyboard is precise aiming, lots of potential buttons, but a twin-stick controller offers more ergonomic combos and four axes of analog movement. The indie scene is also vastly larger on PC, but first-party games are still often locked away on console.

But the differences are blurring more and more. Want to game on a big TV and a controller from your couch? Steam in-house streaming, or a dedicated PC in BPM, will do that, and most PC games support controllers now. But more and more PC-bound games are seeing console releases. Big beefy RPGs, twitchy shooters, oddball indies, all come out on console. And while Microsoft always dabbled in PC ports, now Sony is doing it too, sometimes, so the only stickler for exclusives is Nintendo.

I've always had a PC and some sort of console. As a kid, it was Civilization and Warcraft on PC, Pokemon on a Game Boy Color. Then a Gamecube and early Steam games. Then a Wii and a gaming laptop. Now I'm rocking a Switch and a 400-game Steam library, and a Steam Link and might grab a PS5 once the mid-gen price cut happens. Part of my lean towards PC+Nintendo is just me liking Nintendo games, but they do make the sort of games that aren't easily found on PC, not at AAA quality, and definitely no official ports. So if you're doing PC plus one console, I think that's the route to go. If you're buying one system, the others are perfectly fine choices, but the two-system setup has worked well for me.
14th Jun 2022, 7:32 PM #8
Crisis Actor
PC for me. pretty much everything I play is on the computer. I have a Switch but I haven't touched it since like.. February.

14th Jun 2022, 7:54 PM #9

Console, specifically because my computer is too weak to play pc games without lagging or dying. Personally I think PC is less accessible because some have a weak PC

14th Jun 2022, 7:58 PM #10

Mostly PC. As far back as the mid 80s, I've been predominantly a PC gamer.
14th Jun 2022, 11:24 PM #11
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Older consoles provided convenience. Plug in and play. The new ones don't do that no more. Might as well go with PC for adapabilty and customisation.
8 days ago, 10:11 AM #12
Consoles for racing and sports games, but PCs for RTS, FPS, and RPGs.

I also play around with 3D rendering tools and experiment with mods...so yeah, I lean towards PC.

And Executive Assault 2 won't run on consoles.

8 days ago, 12:07 PM #13
Newer consoles took on the worst aspects of PC gaming over the last 15 years (constant updates, day-one patches, etc.), so if I ever get a new gaming machine I'll just get a PC. At least with PCs there's the whole modding scene behind it making the games on it more customizable, plus if a game works better with a controller it's easier to pair one now than it was when I first started playing PC games (the only options back then were joysticks or those Gravis gamepads that were debatable in quality).
Buskers, my music project, located here.
8 days ago, 5:19 PM #14
bite sized, bite inclined
The only console I had was a Game Boy, so... PC.

Which in my case was a Mac.
8 days ago, 7:48 PM #15
I have a good computer. Online play is free. There's an enormous amount of games available. There's really no reason for me to not prefer PC these days.
That said, it's hard to beat the handheld experience of an Gameboy modded with backlight.
One week ago, 3:45 PM #16
PC. Mostly because I haven't upgraded to any new console since the PS3 and I travel a lot for work, so my laptop is already always on me. I tend to mostly play strategy type games too, which as mentioned tend to be more PC based.
One week ago, 3:51 PM #17
Note to self: Track down Maelstrom on Steam, if they're there, then buy/dump Executive Assault 2 on them.

One week ago, 5:56 PM #18
Here’s my actual opinion: the pc is best unless I can port it to wii (I played Riven on Wii. It never had an official wii port but I don’t need that)
One week ago, 6:32 PM #19
^One of these days, if I can get off my ass to do it, I'll use my Dreamcast as an emulator machine. I've got VGA for it, so the games could look better than on the original hardware I already own.
Buskers, my music project, located here.
5 days ago, 11:14 AM #20

Ideally I'd love to be a PC user, but that doesn't mean I'm against playing with other means. Right now I only have a Switch, and given Nintendo is the only one of the 3 that doesn't put their exclusives on PCs after a while, it feels good playing games I couldn't play anywhere else, in the method they intended it to be played. Legally, anyway. Nintendo sucks hard with making their games inaccessible, for the sole reason of maybe reselling those games again decades later.

But yeah preferably PC.

no i will not put down the gun >:ccccc
Forum > General discussion > Gaming wars! PC Vs Console
Pages: 1