Forum > Co-Authors offered/wanted > Advertise your comic in print for free and not actually get any readers because it's just for fun!
Pages: 1
"Advertise your comic in print for free and not actually get any readers because it's just for fun!", 19th Jun 2022, 3:59 AM #1
Hey guys I'm finally putting my fuck*ng comic in print!
But only a tiny print run, because printing costs money, and I'm giving away probably every copy for free, to family/friends, and contributors to my comic, which means people who are already here and probably already know your comics, and it also will cost money for shipping, but whatever, it's fun.
I do intend on putting it on a print-on-demand site eventually, just need to get tax stuff prepared.

But yeah, it being just for fun is what matters here, because I want the print issues of Bananas to emulate traditional comic issues with things like fanart pages, full-page ads, catalog pages, etc. And if you'd like your comic to show up as a full page ad or in a catalog for fun, I'd love to include it!

I'm using Ka-Blam! service for my print issues and they have a pretty specific template to follow, below:
Spoilers because it's a big fuggin template but it needs to be for print

I made a thread like this already a while ago, and the bulk of the ads are going in the first issue, any I get from this thread will go in Issue 2 or anything after. If for some reason I get too many to fit the page count, I can't guarantee they'll make the print run, but they will make it into later issue. And I will feature all of these on Bananas website as well!

Only major rule (besides following the template to a tee) is, please only advertise either comics that you intend to keep active indefinitely, or one that is already complete.

Here are some examples of ads that were either made with my help or submitted from the last thread! (all with links) And if you don't want to make a full-page ad, you're more than welcome to contribute to a catalog page for comicfury too! (also below)
again spoilered for huge
19th Jun 2022, 5:11 AM #2
I love the passion for printing, having bananas in hand is a delight because it’s so rereadable! I’ll whip something up for this if you’ll have the creepy forest comic on there :D

19th Jun 2022, 5:47 AM #3
@niyahet
Oh, hell yeah.
I would be honored af ngl
19th Jun 2022, 6:01 AM #4
untamed
woah thats bananas!

19th Jun 2022, 6:51 AM #5
*not actually a webcomic
hmmm... this sounds interesting, I may be able to whip something up in the next few days
19th Jun 2022, 7:11 AM #6
go ahead, shoot
Dude I love this idea! I’ve been thinking about creating a print comic for a bit now but of course I’m just gonna wait it out a little first! This is still a neat idea though! Really dig it! ^^

Also if you do a print version of bananas let me know! Lol
19th Jun 2022, 12:22 PM #7
saw what you did
lemme put a pin on this, i may be able to throw something togther.
19th Jun 2022, 6:50 PM #8
Bumping because daytime
19th Jun 2022, 8:31 PM #9
oh noes. the GB logo is supposed to have this thick black border and I'm guessing your art program didn't accept the photoshop effect (I don't think I rasterized it). Should I resend a PNG of the logo by itself or a fixed version of the PSD?

19th Jun 2022, 9:17 PM #10
J-son:oh noes. the GB logo is supposed to have this thick black border and I'm guessing your art program didn't accept the photoshop effect (I don't think I rasterized it). Should I resend a PNG of the logo by itself or a fixed version of the PSD?

Rasterized logo pls, then I can just slap it on top of the one that's there. Yeah I use procreate and it definitely did not ever accept that effect!

I'm really glad your ad didn't make it into the first issue, because I already ordered them lol. Your ad is the perfect style for the back of a book but I had to cheap out and use Ka-Blam!'s ad for that on the first issue, so I saved yours for next which I will try not to cheap out on lol.
You and everyone who contributed gets a free copy! So you won't have to fight for them lol. Might just take a while to get to everyone because I'm doing this all out of pocket and it's a bit pricey for me
13 days ago, 4:27 PM #11
Made one for my own comic that will double as a bump here.

If anyone is up to it, I can make anyone's ad myself! They're fun to make ngl

13 days ago, 9:52 PM #12
has things in order
I still want to pay for a copy. Fight me.
12 days ago, 2:57 AM #13

I wonder if people might be able to use this thread as a database for these sorts of ads, for when they want to print their own comics.

Also, I need to make an ad for Almighty Protectors. Not sure why I don't have one yet.
12 days ago, 3:36 AM #14
@Shuffle - I will fight you.

@Shastab24 - Oooooh that's a really good idea! The ones I provided are very compressed for the thread tho but I could always provide full res files!
12 days ago, 3:51 AM #15
A Subsidiary of Cool Stuff Inc.
Seems interesting, but I don't plan to keep my comic going indefinitely. But like it'll probably stay active for the next 4-9 years depending on how things go so idk lol
12 days ago, 7:25 AM #16
*not actually a webcomic
*kicks down the door three days later*
I DID IT I DID THE THING
I don't necessarily know if everything looks right, I assume everything should be within the cutoff margins, but like I've never done anything like this before so if I'm doing something totally wrong, lemme know and I can fix it.
12 days ago, 7:34 AM #17
Yay! Looking forward to it! Thank you and good luck!
12 days ago, 10:06 AM #18
goes fast
I did print Surge ages ago, but I haven't sold any because I haven't been able to get to any cons
11 days ago, 7:20 AM #19
David A Webcomic:*kicks down the door three days later*
I DID IT I DID THE THING
I don't necessarily know if everything looks right, I assume everything should be within the cutoff margins, but like I've never done anything like this before so if I'm doing something totally wrong, lemme know and I can fix it.

Got it! Thank you!
Pages: 1