Forum > General discussion > What videogames has ComicFury been playing recently?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
"What videogames has ComicFury been playing recently?", 4th Jul 2022, 9:19 PM #1
I recently bought Super Mario Galaxy for a steal at a pawn shop nearby (18$) and have been playing it a lot today, revisiting old childhood memories of playing the game at my friend's place. Aside from that, I've also been playing a mix of Ultrakill, revisiting Terraria, and I plan on completing Yakuza Kiwami. Aside from that, when I've got nothing to do, I usually plow away at Final Fantasy IX (my summer game) and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on my emulator.

What are you guys playing?
4th Jul 2022, 9:25 PM #2
Danganronpa for the Nintendo Switch :D
4th Jul 2022, 9:26 PM #3
Bird Keeper
Diablo Immortal though I haven't played it in a few weeks because I am too busy.
4th Jul 2022, 9:28 PM #4
Regional Manager of the Jungle
I don't play video games too often these days (cause I feel guilty when I do lol. like I should be working on my comic instead x_x) but I got a little Stardew Valley in the other week when I had covid haha
4th Jul 2022, 9:30 PM #5
A Subsidiary of Cool Stuff Inc.
- Sonic Origins
- Baba Is You
- Nintendo Switch Sports
- Guilty Gear +R
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Wish I had more time or I would be playing more 0_0
Profile picture courtesy of the wonderful
khkddn
4th Jul 2022, 9:31 PM #6
the original magical girl
GTA online mostly, running over pedestrians and running from the cops is good stress relief lol

My collection of games has been growing lately though! I've acquired quite a few I want to play (namely the Witcher 3 and Jotun) and i've been itching to get my hands on Hades.

I'd probably be more inclined to play some of these games if a) they weren't just on my pc (i know i can get hades on my switch but alas i am broke), b) my desk chair didn't suck and make my back ache after a couple hours, or c) i had a steamdeck so i can play my steam games and not have to sit on my crappy desk chair
4th Jul 2022, 9:34 PM #7

Persona 4 Golden! I got it last year, but I stopped playing once I started my last year of college. Then I found out Persona 5 Royal is coming to PC in October, so I'm making myself finish P4G before I can even THINK about buying P5R. I'm glad I picked it up again, though, because I'm having a lot of fun.
Once I finish P4G, I'll probably go back to my third playthrough of Fallout New Vegas. This time, I'm doing an Independent Vegas run.

Edit: I mean, if you couldn't tell I was playing P4 from my current icon... guess that's a given.
4th Jul 2022, 9:38 PM #8

*inhales really really long*
MONSTER HUNTER RISE: SUNBREAAAAAAAAAAK

Monster Hunter is my favorite video game series, espeically after Pokemon broke my heart with dexits and stuff. Sunbreak has been amazing so far and I'm really feeling the heat and challenge the game so desperately needed. Espinas, Malzeno, even some variants like Magma Almudron are giving me a huge run for my money. I've also been enjoying the new moves for the weapons like the Switchaxe Counter... just bare with me as I go into a bit of the game mechanics to tell you how much I love this new move.

So I play Switchaxe, and it has a meter that builds up that when reached, just makes your weapon do more damage and better. Depending on your phial type it takes more or less amount of hits to reach that and it will decay a little bit until you hit the Amped State. Obviously, you want to stay in Amped state all the time for the good DPS. For me, the Element, Dragon, Exhaust, etc phials all build up pretty easily and fast so it's not a problem to think about too much in the heat of battle. But Power Phial.... that takes like 12 hits to reach Amped up state and its hard to reach that while you're dodging and doing hit and runs and stuff. So the Switchaxe counter, when done successfully, puts you into Amped up state no matter what. Really good, right? But you have to time the counter so that you hit the monster as it's about to hit you, and its really hard to time... it's a high risk/high reward playstyle that really makes Power phials more viable which I'm happy because some of my favorite switchaxe designs are Power phial and I hate not being able to use them. Hooray! Monster Hunter!
4th Jul 2022, 9:39 PM #9
sourswords:Persona 4 Golden! I got it last year, but I stopped playing once I started my last year of college. Then I found out Persona 5 Royal is coming to PC in October, so I'm making myself finish P4G before I can even THINK about buying P5R. I'm glad I picked it up again, though, because I'm having a lot of fun.
Once I finish P4G, I'll probably go back to my third playthrough of Fallout New Vegas. This time, I'm doing an Independent Vegas run.

Edit: I mean, if you couldn't tell I was playing P4 from my current icon... guess that's a given.

What's your build for the Independent Vegas run? Last build I did was putting as much points as I could into Intelligence and Charisma and doing an Energy Weapons run. I figure that if I'm gonna run Vegas, I'd need the intelligence to govern a country and the charisma to get people on my side.

Merged Doublepost:

Andy G.:I don't play video games too often these days (cause I feel guilty when I do lol. like I should be working on my comic instead x_x) but I got a little Stardew Valley in the other week when I had covid haha

I get what you mean lol. I usually take my comic at my own pace, since I'm lucky enough that I don't have as big enough an audience that they'd expect a more definitive upload schedule.
4th Jul 2022, 9:40 PM #10
Crisis Actor
Gang Beasts ! I like it.

4th Jul 2022, 9:44 PM #11

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion.

I will elaborate no further.
4th Jul 2022, 9:44 PM #12
but bob just wants to be friends
I was playing through the classic Kirby games starting with the original Kirby's Dream Land. I got a little frustrated when I got to Super Star, though, so I took a break from it.

At the moment I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 (the Pixel Remaster of the original game that didn't come out over here for a long time, not Final Fantasy 6 which was called 3 because of how they were being released). I never played it before, and it's been pretty fun! I'm enjoying the story so far.
4th Jul 2022, 9:45 PM #13
formerly Treye
* Candy Crush Friends Saga
* Sonic Origins
* Tetris Effect Connected

There's no games I really would like to sink my teeth into, so I've just been playing short bursts of these things. Candy Crush gets some flak but at its core it's a really fun puzzler that you can enjoy for free. Sonic Origins I've been working through the campaign mode even though I've really forgotten how behind in quality Sonic 1 is from the others. Getting through this and CD to get to 2 and 3K is gonna be rough. And Tetris Effect Connected is just a relaxing and fun time. One of the songs from the game I've been listening to on repeat on YouTube because it's so quality. ;~;

jmluvsbob:At the moment I'm playing Final Fantasy 3 (the Pixel Remaster of the original game that didn't come out over here for a long time, not Final Fantasy 6 which was called 3 because of how they were being released). I never played it before, and it's been pretty fun! I'm enjoying the story so far.

I tried to play 6 but dude, I can't believe these dudes didn't add controller support!
4th Jul 2022, 10:10 PM #14
Participant
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. It's the worst of the modern trilogy IMO but still pretty good. My problem with it is the combat mechanics are amazing and fluid but the game's idea of difficulty is to have the enemies blatantly read your inputs and frame-perfect dodge and block your attacks in the middle of combo strings. It's really frustrating to feel like you can never hit anything, but those rare moments when you get going and pull off cool combos make it almost worth it.

I also picked up DNF Duel and have been learning that slowly before I take it online and inevitably get destroyed.
4th Jul 2022, 10:12 PM #15

In recent times:
- Minecraft - this is just easy to get back into and is always a welcoming game for me.
- Warframe - Online Multiplayer space ninjas with guns and superpowers.
- Neopets - does this count? It has games on there, had recovered my account from years ago and just got back into it while in lockdown.
4th Jul 2022, 11:09 PM #16
I also like getting back into Minecraft now and then, especially after the recent updates. Although I'm still just as incredibly cautious as I was before, and still can't explore a cave without days of preparation, strategizing, procrastination, running away etc.

I used to play Age of Empires 2 (badly), and I bought the remastered Definitive Edition. I don't know about other peoples' opinions, but I think it's even better than the original. As a plus, I can finally play RTS games somewhat competently now! Only took a decade...

No, I'm not a talented gamer. Except for simulation or construction-type games.
4th Jul 2022, 11:31 PM #17

Vinegar3:What's your build for the Independent Vegas run? Last build I did was putting as much points as I could into Intelligence and Charisma and doing an Energy Weapons run. I figure that if I'm gonna run Vegas, I'd need the intelligence to govern a country and the charisma to get people on my side.

My build is. Um. Well, all my builds end up pretty similar, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not "good" at this game in the sense of "making good builds and/or good decisions" but I do really like it.
That said, I always take Good Natured, which is pretty much a given. What you went with is probably pretty solid, though I usually lean towards Guns rather than Energy Weapons. High INT can be helpful for a lot of things in general, so I'd say go for it.
Ultimately, your build kinda depends on if you're playing to be a cool character (in which case, you're probably good) or if you're playing to kill everything you see. In that case, you'd probably want to beef up your STR/END/AGL. It's not too hard to play an Independent run, though, considering that it's also the run of last resort if you UNintentionally burn your bridges with the NCR, Legion, and House.
4th Jul 2022, 11:42 PM #18

Super Hyper Turbo Turd Puncher 3 in 3-D Street Fighter V
Monster Hunter World.
Devil May Cry HD Trilogy Remaster.
Strider.
I recently bought a bunch of Capcom games off of Humble Bundle.
4th Jul 2022, 11:49 PM #19

I've been bingeing Age of Mythology a lot. I've been screwing around with mods a bunch. There's one I downloaded that adds the Aztecs to the game, and it's actually better and more interesting than one if the official expansions.

5th Jul 2022, 12:04 AM #20
Most recently the GBA version of Final Fantasy. Oh boy do I sure love getting stuck in status effect locks.

Before that though I was going through some older stuff.
Mega Man
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier (fun game but holy shit the collection is $40 and only comes with three games in a six game series. Fuck that!)
Atelier Elie: The Alchemist of Salburg 2 (also a fun game but I didn't like how much you have to religiously pour through a walkthrough, especially compared to the first which is a lot more pick up and play friendly.)
And Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, a game I didn't even like but ended up spending a day and a half making this
^ Big boy picture

Anyways, games are fun.