Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > My replies being marked as "guest"
Pages: 1
"My replies being marked as "guest"", 5th Aug 2022, 6:45 PM #1
Hello. I made a reply to a comment on my comic, but it says it was from a guest. I made another one saying that the first was me, after making sure I was logged in, but that says it was from a guest too.

Page is here.

EDIT: The problem seems to have fixed itself. I'll delete the guest messages and repost my reply.
5th Aug 2022, 7:27 PM #2
I had the same issue yesterday. Thanks for the note about it being fixed now! I was very confused, too!

Two weeks ago, 5:36 AM #3
Kyo
๐ŸŠ
this can happen if you log in to comicfury and then right after go to a webcomic site without following a link from cf (like the comic profile, subscriptions, etc) - because comicfury is on a different domain than the webcomics, it needs to pass on the fact that you're logged in to the webcomic sites first. this is done if you click any link to a webcomic site generated by cf. but if you log in and then directly navigate to a webcomic, use a bookmark or click someones signature without first having clicked a link to a webcomic site on the same domain (like "the-comic.org" in your case), CF won't have had a chance to pass on your authentication yet. you can also fix this by pressing the "login to ComicFury" button on the comment form and it'll automatically log you in on that site.
Two weeks ago, 7:49 AM #4
Do you use Brave Browser? Just so happens you have to turn OFF the Brave Shield.
Two weeks ago, 9:56 AM #5
Kyo
๐ŸŠ
that shouldn't be the case anymore
Two weeks ago, 6:33 PM #6
Kyo:this can happen if you log in to comicfury and then right after go to a webcomic site without following a link from cf (like the comic profile, subscriptions, etc) - because comicfury is on a different domain than the webcomics, it needs to pass on the fact that you're logged in to the webcomic sites first. this is done if you click any link to a webcomic site generated by cf. but if you log in and then directly navigate to a webcomic, use a bookmark or click someones signature without first having clicked a link to a webcomic site on the same domain (like "the-comic.org" in your case), CF won't have had a chance to pass on your authentication yet. you can also fix this by pressing the "login to ComicFury" button on the comment form and it'll automatically log you in on that site.

I very well may have done this, thanks for the response. I'll know what to do if I do this again in the future.
3 days ago, 7:47 AM #7
Why does this site allow 'guest' posts? Posting comments should be a logged in only facility.
3 days ago, 7:50 AM #8

I believe thatโ€™s an option you can toggle for your own comic!
Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > My replies being marked as "guest"
Pages: 1