Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Remedies for icky grossness caused by unwanted bug touches (sorry bug lovers)
Pages: 1
"Remedies for icky grossness caused by unwanted bug touches (sorry bug lovers)", 9 days ago, 4:48 AM #1
the original magical girl
So I was sitting at the table minding my own damn business when I feel something on my leg and Lo and behold: a bug was crawling on me

Do I set my house on fire? Do I just move and let whatever sorry sap moves in after me deal with this monster??

I feel so violated and gross and icky and I just took a shower earlier so now I gotta take another to wash all the bug touches off me

Btw it scurried away after I flipped out and did the Get This Bug Off Me Dance so idk where it is and if it’ll strike again. I fear for my safety.
9 days ago, 4:50 AM #2
Regional Manager of the Jungle
what are you so afraid of? falling in love?
9 days ago, 5:00 AM #3
Participant
Play Earth Defense Force
Or even Jet Force Gemini

Great games for bug haters
9 days ago, 5:01 AM #4
Andy G.:what are you so afraid of? falling in love?

That doesn't change the fact that it was unwanted physical contact I did not consent to

It crawled up my leg, that's supposed to be romantic???
9 days ago, 8:15 AM #5
Immediate MURDER (of the offending bug) used to help me when I had (not very serious) arachnophobia (even realistic pictures of spiders could give me the shivers). Yes, I know spiders are not insects, but they usually fit under the more generic definition of a "bug". Apart from that, I don't really know...
9 days ago, 11:44 AM #6

9 days ago, 11:56 AM #7
50% Dragon, 50% Cat, 50% Attitude
let it colonize your home
9 days ago, 12:01 PM #8
may attempt to spook you
Andy G.:what are you so afraid of? falling in love?

I snorted outloud

Commissar_Tarkin:Immediate MURDER (of the offending bug) used to help me when I had (not very serious) arachnophobia (even realistic pictures of spiders could give me the shivers). Yes, I know spiders are not insects, but they usually fit under the more generic definition of a "bug". Apart from that, I don't really know...

Please don't hurt bug, they are just weird little guys trying to live their lives
9 days ago, 12:29 PM #9
Rock/Grass
Do you have any idea what kind of bug it was?

Drastic measures are usually not required for most insects.
9 days ago, 5:33 PM #10
It was a roach, we've had problems with them since we moved in and have pest control come out every three months or so but they just keep coming back.

I would've killed it but it ran away (smart move on its part) before I could compose myself enough to activate murder mode after the initial shock of realizing I had a bug on me
6 days ago, 1:44 AM #11
operates exclusively by weaseling
the bug is not guilty of breaching your consent. it does not know you are there. unless its a wasp. the wasp knows you are there. they're like that. watching. waiting.

but for real generally the bug wouldnt touch you if it knew you were alive, it has no plans to die outside of natures course, and you are a profoundly dangerous organism for it to land on- true for basically any bug. it may decide to avoid your environment if you sufficiently spooked it..

if you wash yourself with soap, you should be spared the buggy pathogens, and that should be the end of it. remember it's not trying to hurt you... it doesnt know you exist. its just trying to do what its supposed to do. if it bites you, its basically panicking.

exception: ticks and parasitic bugs. but try to avoid traveling in places with these guys or wear hats if you must travel under their canopy. if you get touched by a specialized bug, instead of talking to us, it might be worth seeing a doctor if a rash persists.

bugs are my food, so please do not kill them,
6 days ago, 2:11 AM #12

Well, I handle spiders in my house because my sister has arachnophobia. I've never had a brown recluse so far, but if it looks like it might be one it gets squished, but other spiders I'll scoop up on some paper or even my hand and bring outside. There are some I legit like, like ladybugs and mantises. Most beetles don't freak me out. It really depends on what kind of bug it-

kellerybird:It was a roach, we've had problems with them since we moved in and have pest control come out every three months or so but they just keep coming back.

I would've killed it but it ran away (smart move on its part) before I could compose myself enough to activate murder mode after the initial shock of realizing I had a bug on me

OUGH OOF UGH BURN IT ALL IT'S UNCLEAN IT'S TAINTED

(This also applies to worms and worm-like insects, like centipedes and millipedes)
6 days ago, 4:10 AM #13
has 4 phds and a forklift license
kellerybird:It was a roach, we've had problems with them since we moved in and have pest control come out every three months or so but they just keep coming back

dear god
i had to deal with five crawling out of the drain at one point but you have it worse because mine did not reoccur

pray just destroy the environment at this point
6 days ago, 5:04 AM #14
iiIIEEEHHEEEIIMM eeeeaaauuu hhYYYAaaaa
You must take many bugs internally to immunize yourself to their touch. The only downside is that due to the amount of bugs you need to ingest in order to develop full resistance, you may run out of roaches and then you did it all for nothing!
6 days ago, 6:28 AM #15
That sounds like THE worst thing ever in the entirety of existence I would rather set my house on fire than get anywhere near a bug voluntarily

My brother was always the one to eat chocolate-covered crickets, I refuse to put myself in proximity to the wretched things let alone ingest them

E: I have a very intense fear of bugs and spiders and and small scuttly creatures with more legs than necessary. In case it's not obvious lmao