Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > The comic Strip World Championship 2022
Pages: 1
"The comic Strip World Championship 2022", 8 days ago, 8:53 AM #1
Hi everyone!

I just noticed that comic center here in Finland is hosting international Comic Strip World Championship 2022 event and I thought there might be a few at here comicfury that would be interested to join with me.

Their point in this is to have fun and draw little comic strip with a given theme. This time is birds.

Because the point is to have fun, there will be no price, only fame and glory. And fanzy title, of course.

Deadline is at September 25th, 2022 at 4:59pm (EET), so the working time is very short.

There's more information about it in their instagram, Oulucomics.

Maybe there could be something like this at here? Comicfury Championship maybe?

But I am planning to make a digital strip comic for this "competition". Not sure, is it going to black and white or colored. The idea for the story is also still little bit unclear, but I am sure the last minute panic will give me something. We will see.
8 days ago, 11:12 AM #3
i just went to an icelandic comicjam meet up last night where we talked about this! just made a strip for this too

having a comicfury thing might be good, a yearly or biyearly (as in twice a year) event? there's 24hr comic day the start of october, along with a slew of exchanges (halloween, winter), feb kicks off with the hourly comic day, but spring looks mostly empty? (summer has a summer exchange, and comicjam) ...we should have an event season calendar...
One week ago, 5:20 AM #4
Awesome! Good luck to the competition.

My comic strip is still at the point zero. I have drew some random bird sketchs but that's all. It's suprisingly hard to come up with a simple idea that would work as a strip.

But that's true, there aren't any comic or art events at spring time, so that would be perfect to have some kind of art activities.
One week ago, 5:41 AM #5
Botanist
rokulily:i just went to an icelandic comicjam meet up last night where we talked about this! just made a strip for this too

having a comicfury thing might be good, a yearly or biyearly (as in twice a year) event? there's 24hr comic day the start of october, along with a slew of exchanges (halloween, winter), feb kicks off with the hourly comic day, but spring looks mostly empty? (summer has a summer exchange, and comicjam) ...we should have an event season calendar...

i see no reason it couldnt take place of 24 hr comic day, only masochists do that one.