Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Looking to add cameos of your comic's brands/fake ads/etc.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Looking to add cameos of your comic's brands/fake ads/etc.", 9th Jan 2023, 1:36 PM #1
⛄️🎄Cassmastastic🎅🎁
Wasn't sure where to put this, so sorry if this is in the wrong section!
My comic's next chapter takes place in a city environment (a subway, a mall, and city pier), and so to make it feel more real I'd love to dump a shit ton of ads/logos everywhere. XD Instead of drawing all of that myself, I figured I'd ask if anyone wants to toss in something of theirs.

What I'm looking for: fake ads, fictional company logos, fake brands, "movie" posters of your comic, band posters, graffiti, or anything fun you think would fit! Pretty much post whatever you can imagine being used in a city environment!

Of course I'll give you credit and link to your work if I end up using anything!
Thank you so much! :D
9th Jan 2023, 1:48 PM #2

In one of my horror comics, I made an in world version of Youtube.

9th Jan 2023, 1:51 PM #3

Mysterious Missouri has the popular chain restaurant "Pizza Jeff", the logo is a just the words "Pizza Jeff" accompanied by a stock photo of a very disinterested man, looking to the side.
9th Jan 2023, 2:03 PM #4
I wonder where to start because we have so many of them in the TTS23 Shared world...

A lot more are mentioned in the TTS23 compendium...

Some of the logos are here...

And of course, there are theatre posters for The Theatre Of The Bloody Tongue.
9th Jan 2023, 2:14 PM #5

I'm begging for him to become a poster for fancy underwear ad with this picture XD Just slap some sort of 'Inamra' in a fancy font and you're golden.

9th Jan 2023, 2:42 PM #6
⛄️🎄Cassmastastic🎅🎁
@Cressidia: Nice! :D

@sherbettcat: Haha! Would you happen to have that logo posted somewhere in your comic?

@Stilldown: Great! These are perfect! Thank you! :D (edit: ESPECIALLY FURNACE FILTERS. I think I know a perfect spot for that!)

@D1scord: Lol! YESSSS XD

Thank you everyone!! Keep 'em coming. ;D
9th Jan 2023, 2:46 PM #7

The main character of my new comic works for a local news website called "The Daily Freak", which is based in the (fictional) town of Wyrden, Ohio.

The logo for it is on the first page of my comic!
9th Jan 2023, 2:49 PM #8
A Subsidiary of Cool Stuff Inc.
There’s a famous video game franchise in my comic’s world which is basically just Super Mario but with dogs. Haven’t talked much about it nor have I even designed a logo for it, so feel free to play with it.

The comic it gets referenced in is: https://jumpherocomic.com/comics/83/ (it was an April Fools special)

EDIT: just in case I need to clarify, the April Fools comic I drew is meant to be a bad dream, which explains the last panel. Canonically Ravioli is a very innocent and wholesome series exactly like how it is in the other panels. So you probably shouldn’t the dogs as rabid animals unless you really want to lol)
Profile picture courtesy of the wonderful
khkddn
9th Jan 2023, 2:51 PM #9
the one doing the crushing
You are 100% free to give Krazy Noodles a cameo.
9th Jan 2023, 3:02 PM #10
Mooderator
I'll definitely send a Big Boi's pizza logo abd I think I have a beer one as well

I also have a poster but just wanna double check with taily since she wrote the story behind it lol
9th Jan 2023, 3:21 PM #11

Wandelaar Historic Hotels, based on McMennamin's

Coffee shop

And here is a fake band
9th Jan 2023, 3:24 PM #12

Nah, the logo never appeared in the comic. I had planned on it, but it got shelved.
9th Jan 2023, 3:53 PM #13
Drannik's favorite cartoon character is Plutonic the Porcupine (think Sonic the Hedgehog, only brown and a porcupine).

There's also the brand Detharettes, the fake cigarette brand I came up with and use in multiple different things. Here's a fake ad I came up with for the brand, plus here's a few different slogans: "Detharettes: Bet you can't smoke just one", "Detharettes: Because goddamnit, you need a cigarette", "Detharettes: The smooth taste of sin taxes and death", "Detharettes: The all-natural nicotine delivery system". I'm sure I could go on, but I'll stop there..
Buskers, my music project, located here.
9th Jan 2023, 3:58 PM #14
Dogfight Pilot
I love making fake brands, I'll post some assets I've made some time tomorrow when I can get at my computer

I'm thinking the burger place Sal n Nella's, some beer brands, and if there's any possible way you can crowbar in some cereals I've got some fun ones of those too
9th Jan 2023, 4:40 PM #15
-3-

Here's a half dozen SFW adverts -

My Steel Ronin:

The Hexorcist:

KOOBA Cola:
(This is a barely modified version of an actual advert from back in 1940 for a soda that never actually existed.)

Pug Scouts:

The Velvet Frog:

Mümencats:

For more, and if you're using NSFW ads, see T3C's Advertising On The Fringe page for a collection of advertising for shows, products, and services in the Colony.

For Logos, there's a bunch of them on the Business Registry page, but they're pretty small - typically 48x48 pixels for use in the game, like these imageimage and some double wide image
But they're png files on transparent backgrounds, so they can be dropped in easily for when larger isn't needed.

(-3- is not an emoticon. It's pronounced 'Three', the hyphens are silent.)
9th Jan 2023, 4:44 PM #16
In the right place, all the time
I did this fake pizza chain logo a while ago for another project.
9th Jan 2023, 5:20 PM #17
bite sized, bite inclined
As Stilldown mentioned, a lot of logos from our little crossover comic-verse are to be found here.

But the one logo I offer here first and foremost is of course...

9th Jan 2023, 6:07 PM #18
Oooh I love this idea! Looks like I’m a bit late though.

Since it’s an entire chapter, I’m assuming there’s plenty of time to work on things?
9th Jan 2023, 6:29 PM #19
Mooderator
9th Jan 2023, 6:29 PM #20
⛄️🎄Cassmastastic🎅🎁
Not too late at all! The whole comic pretty much takes place in the city so there will ALWAYS be a need for these. X3

These are all fantastic btw! I have a few ideas of where to place quite a few so far. XD Will post the results as I finish them! (Will be quite a while though, sadly.)

Gonna post up a few of mine a bit later if anyone wants to use them as well. I just have to pull out my old computer.
Pages: 1 2 3