Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What do you do in the meantime while working on your comic
Pages: 1 2
"What do you do in the meantime while working on your comic", 25th Jan 2023, 2:27 AM #1
Just curious, basically what I mean is what do you do (or what do you recommend doing) as a substitute while you work on pages? I had an idea to work on a gag comic as I wait for pages of noipan to get done, but was curious what you guys did to tide readers over as pages get worked on, if anything at all
25th Jan 2023, 3:24 AM #2
Crisis Actor
I don't do anything, I think the readers get enough of me once a week

25th Jan 2023, 3:31 AM #3
didn't want to catch a big fish anyway
I have unusually long upload wait times, so I usually upload sneak peeks via blog.
25th Jan 2023, 4:21 AM #4
Venture Capitalist
comment replies and vote incentive smut
25th Jan 2023, 4:23 AM #5
*not actually a webcomic
The OCT, whatever Crossover Exchange is going on, the New Room of Scrutiny, the Draw Your Characters thread is back so that one too...
25th Jan 2023, 4:30 AM #6
Sneak peeks, bonus art, music content, etc. I also have a discord server, in which to discuss the comic, or things related to it.
25th Jan 2023, 5:07 AM #7

I'm trying to force myself to interact socially more. Also, I'd like to get back to a point where I can create personal, non-comic-related art alongside my comic.
25th Jan 2023, 3:18 PM #8
pronounced "goose"
I'll sometimes ask for guest art or do an illustration to post! However, I'd be careful about what you post in between comic pages, because readers can get annoyed when their reading experience is interrupted by something else. Best place for bonus content in my experience is during chapter breaks. I'll sometimes post special holiday pictures mid-chapter, but after a month I delete them so that, again, a reader isn't going, "Wow! What a great story! Wait why is everyone dressed up like Santa? Oh. This must have come out during Christmas" lol
25th Jan 2023, 4:13 PM #9
the original magical girl
I post silly meme drawings or historical notes on breaks between chapters, except during this break bc making those extras foiled my plan to actually rest on my break so I decided not to do that this time.

I want to start utilizing the blog feature more for announcements and stuff, like junoro said sometimes the reading experience can be ruined by random posts between pages.
25th Jan 2023, 4:53 PM #10
goes fast
I tend to just work on other art, I've got a few drawings I wanna finish and I've got a scene from an audio drama that also needs finishing. I like to bounce between comic art and everything else.
25th Jan 2023, 5:06 PM #11

Genuinely misunderstood and thought this was gonna be a thread about ADHD and multitasking, oops. That would apply to me, as well, though.

But between updates, I tend to make animations or silly doodle art. I don't do much bonus content, because I don't wanna interrupt the flow of the chapters, but I have a separate youtube instead where I put things, as well as my comic's tumblr.
25th Jan 2023, 5:20 PM #12
I give like 8-10 pages a month so if I’m off, I might be producing something but I’m not giving any extras. I’d rather get further ahead on the story and I also like to make sure I’m not only drawing my comic- cause for me that’s making the conditions for burn out tbh.

As a reader- I honestly get annoyed when I see too much bonus content between chapters especially if it’s pinging alerts like a new page. I know I’m an outlier but unless it’s interesting lore stuff I don’t really like character Q&A stuff or gag extras cause I mostly just think of how they could have just given me 1 page of more of the story I like versus five pages of their characters acting out of character making jokes and whatnot. I can live with it between chapters but I actually drop stories with too much filler in between. I actually prefer radio silence all other things being equal.

In general since reader preferences vary so widely I’d draw extra stuff if it is something you enjoy doing but I wouldn’t feel like I had to- it’s more work and some readers don’t even like it
25th Jan 2023, 5:43 PM #13

"Andromeda Jane" has a daily update schedule (with the exception of a couple updates I missed because I was too tired to make a new page on some days), so I think readers get more than enough content, lol
25th Jan 2023, 6:04 PM #14
I play video games. A lot. Just took a break from Breath of the Wild before posting this.

Please upvote me on Top Web Comics!
25th Jan 2023, 6:08 PM #15
bite sized, bite inclined
I try to schedule posting fan art on days when there's no actual Cryptida page.
25th Jan 2023, 6:51 PM #16
I've just gone on hiatus in the past, occasionally posting some artwork.
25th Jan 2023, 7:23 PM #17
Well, before I started to post my comic, I've done all line-art for 1st chapter, so now I coloring and shading it, and lining other comic.
25th Jan 2023, 7:26 PM #18

Post in community threads, fan art for other comics, promo art, that 30 Days event is fun too, and other times i just-- do nothing for 5 months without so much as an update :>
One week ago, 11:46 PM #19
I watch series, play games, eat, sleep.

I upload pages basically when I feel like it, whether it's 3 pages in a weekend or 1 page every 3 months.
6 days ago, 12:39 AM #20
Work, sometimes play games, sleep, and do some random pics or character bios.

Not much else.

Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What do you do in the meantime while working on your comic
Pages: 1 2