Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Lovers of all thing scary need your help!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Lovers of all thing scary need your help!
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"Lovers of all thing scary need your help!", 3rd Feb 2011, 4:27 AM #1
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
Ok so I know Kyo hates all things 4chan related on here but this isn't /b/ we're talking about. This is /x/. No trolling going on.

A while ago someone made us aware of a movie that was showed on Nickelodeon back on Halloween of 2001 called Cry Baby Lane. It was only shown once because for a kid's horror movie, it was some scary shit. A lot of parents complained to the network about it because it gave their kids nightmares and they decided to can it and never mention it again. I knew a few kids who actually had to get therapy after watching it, although I never thought it was that scary. >__>

Anyway, The person who made the original post talked about how he thought it was just a nightmare he had when he was young, but come to find out, it was no nightmare. Even I thought it was a dream after a while but swore up and down I had seen it. At one point I thought I was going crazy... Until this lovely person made the post.

The movie was never released on video and the only recordings of it would be home recordings some kids made back then.

People of ComicFury, namely the American users, we need your help. If you have any home recorded videos lying around, get yourself a VHS player and review every single tape. We need a copy of Cry Baby Lane. Nickelodeon refuses to mention it and one of the guys who worked on the move (director of photography I think) has a copy but he says it costs too much money to have it converted to digital media.

Please, if you love me, or even so much as tolerate me, you'll help. It's been eating at me, that's how much I want to see this movie again.
3rd Feb 2011, 4:33 AM #2
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
www.blockbuster.com/browse/catalog/movieDetails/213613

Put your zip code in, and maybe you'll get lucky?
3rd Feb 2011, 4:41 AM #3
laughingwarlock

Registration date: 14th Dec 2010
Holy crap I remember Cry Baby Lane! I actually was watching it in a hotel with my brother and grandma and we turned it off at the scene where the guy goes "...you want to be apart of my collection?" and start eating worms because we all lost our shit. I have to go back and watch the rest of it!

I see some clips of it on youtube. Problem solved?

edit: Oh wait it's a troll.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:02 AM #4
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
Magravan:www.blockbuster.com/browse/catalog/movieDetails/213613

Put your zip code in, and maybe you'll get lucky?

It was never put on video or DVD.

laughingwarlock:Holy crap I remember Cry Baby Lane! I actually was watching it in a hotel with my brother and grandma and we turned it off at the scene where the guy goes "...you want to be apart of my collection?" and start eating worms because we all lost our shit. I have to go back and watch the rest of it!

I see some clips of it on youtube. Problem solved?

edit: Oh wait it's a troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUv20TbLTpw
3rd Feb 2011, 5:03 AM #5
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
I fouuund it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
3rd Feb 2011, 5:06 AM #6
laughingwarlock

MatthewJA:I fouuund it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

I swear I can recognize that URL at sight by now.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:07 AM #7
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
Dammit, you too?
3rd Feb 2011, 5:24 AM #8
laughingwarlock

MatthewJA:Dammit, you too?

Dude.
Look at me.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:24 AM #9
Micheal

Registration date: 2nd May 2010

Rick Roll is old mold on the kitchen floor.
3rd Feb 2011, 2:32 PM #10
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
Micheal:

Rick Roll is old mold on the kitchen floor.

This. I mean, really. No one rick rolls anymore. It's Trolololo now. Get with the times!
3rd Feb 2011, 3:00 PM #11
MadTarnsman

Registration date: 10th Feb 2010
Well, I'm sure you're a swell gal.....but I exhausted every avenue I have of finding said video/movie.

However, movies aren't destroyed...never.....so, somewhere, there IS a copy of this thing....it's just not in the usual circles.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152210118824280&l=bb33a5459a[/img]

3rd Feb 2011, 3:54 PM #12
AngryRob
Why would you give up a vintage title for this
Registration date: 25th Aug 2009
Okay, I love movies, I own over 400 DVDs and twice that in VHS. I own movies that have never been released in theaters or aired. I have connections on finding just about any movie. Nickelodeon buried this movie. There is almost no trace of it aside from the trailer and a few clips that were used for publicity. There seems to be a large demand for it so the best thing to do would be to start a petition to Nickelodeon to either sell it in DVD format, or maybe air it on Mtv (they're owned by the same parent company). Money gets a lot of things moving, if they think they can get enough cash from this they'll sell it.
3rd Feb 2011, 4:38 PM #13
MadTarnsman

Registration date: 10th Feb 2010
It's listed on the IMDB....but the only other mention of it is YouTube.

Amazon usually has ANY movie!!

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152210118824280&l=bb33a5459a[/img]

3rd Feb 2011, 5:08 PM #14
AngryRob
MadTarnsman:It's listed on the IMDB....but the only other mention of it is YouTube.

Amazon usually has ANY movie!!

I've looked at bootleg places that have copies of copies of movies and found nothing.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:17 PM #15
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Since you can't find Cry Baby Lane, see if you can (edit:legally) find Suspiria from the master of horror Dario Argento (youtube clip), I love the music to this movie!

edit: I read they're doing a remake of Suspiria soon...hmm, somewhat ambivalent about it but at least Dario Argento is involved in production.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:27 PM #16
Cyborg_572
M-M-M-Moderator
Registration date: 5th Dec 2008
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be the spoil-sport here and remind you guys to try and keep to the legal options if you're discussing it here.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:33 PM #17
AngryRob
Cyborg_572:I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be the spoil-sport here and remind you guys to try and keep to the legal options if you're discussing it here.

The places I looked at sell copies of copies of movies that are in the public domain, and while it's probably not the most legitimate business, it is completely legal, and the only place you can find some out of print movies with lapsed rights.

Added

Bottom Line, Nickelodeon didn't let the rights lapse on this, and they haven't aired it, sold it, or done anything with it. For some reason they don't want to let this film out. Which is really weird since there seems to be a demand for it. I'm now really interested in seeing this movie.
3rd Feb 2011, 5:38 PM #18
Micheal

Registration date: 2nd May 2010
AngryRob:
Cyborg_572:I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be the spoil-sport here and remind you guys to try and keep to the legal options if you're discussing it here.

The places I looked at sell copies of copies of movies that are in the public domain, and while it's probably not the most legitimate business, it is completely legal, and the only place you can find some out of print movies with lapsed rights.

I'm not sure on legality, but copies of movies being sold are illegal unless directly enlisted under the publishing company. Therefor, piracy.

Or do you mean knockoff films with the same script only none of the original content?
3rd Feb 2011, 5:39 PM #19
Butt Hunter
B.H. Baracus
Registration date: 26th Apr 2009
Micheal:
AngryRob:The places I looked at sell copies of copies of movies that are in the public domain, and while it's probably not the most legitimate business, it is completely legal, and the only place you can find some out of print movies with lapsed rights.

I'm not sure on legality, but copies of movies being sold are illegal unless directly enlisted under the publishing company. Therefor, piracy.

Or do you mean knockoff films with the same script only none of the original content?

3rd Feb 2011, 5:42 PM #20
AngryRob
Micheal:[QUOTE=AngryRob]

Lapsed rights, bucko. Means no one owns the rights and therefore it's fair game. It's not like they're selling Avatar, they're selling things like the Roger Corman Fantastic Four and Made For TV movies that aired years ago.