Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Round Two Begins Now!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Round Two Begins Now!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"Round Two Begins Now!", 5th Mar 2011, 7:32 AM #1
Linden
Uptown girl
Registration date: 25th Jul 2009
After 97 people voted in A, 73 in B, 71 in C, and 63 in D... the scores are in! Check them out. And vote for round 2!

VOTING HAS ENDED

Tourney Bracket
5th Mar 2011, 9:43 AM #2
ranger_brianna_new
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
Oh, hey, my Wind User actually beat Jay!
...Kinas, however, apparently got massacred. :P

And it's once again stick figure versus stick figure.

Oh, boy.
5th Mar 2011, 10:14 AM #3
FPB
Ambitious
Registration date: 4th Oct 2010
I can't believe Hades won.

Thank you guys :D

... Jesus H. Christ, Sylene VS Madoc... how am I supposed to chooooooooose?

((Zeus & Sons (mythology/comedy) is currently on hiatus.))
Tails the douche (gaming/gag-a-day)
5th Mar 2011, 11:21 AM #4
Arden
Public enemy BABIES
Registration date: 19th Aug 2009
I thought round one was running until Sunday? - I already have the humiliating defeat strip on the drawing board, but I was going to ink a preceding one tonight - the pre-humiliation strip, if you will.

At least I don't have to paint the free cute and sexy Emily wallpaper now!
5th Mar 2011, 12:55 PM #5
Kiybgecz
formerly Loungegecko
Registration date: 5th Jan 2011
Keep voting for that Cube Cow!
5th Mar 2011, 12:59 PM #6
Night Owl

Registration date: 4th Feb 2011
Wait, did a blue L-shaped tetris block beat Richard gold?! How did a self-absorbed yet extremely powerful werewolf get beat by a tetris block?!

Lash: Everything's disposable. Everything! What's the point of having all this stuff if we don't get to break it!?
Hawke: Lash, I hope you understand just how strange you are.
5th Mar 2011, 1:00 PM #7
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
Because it was a VERY AWESOME TETRIS BLOCK
I voted for it.
5th Mar 2011, 1:01 PM #8
Kiybgecz
formerly Loungegecko
Registration date: 5th Jan 2011
MatthewJA:Because it was a VERY AWESOME TETRIS BLOCK
I voted for it.

Everybody loves a Tetris Block!
5th Mar 2011, 1:53 PM #9
Kevin

Registration date: 16th Aug 2010
Night Owl:Wait, did a blue L-shaped tetris block beat Richard gold?! How did a self-absorbed yet extremely powerful werewolf get beat by a tetris block?!

I voted for the Tetris block too. Tetris is rad!

Kevin made it! Thanks to everyone who voted for him and please vote for him again!

The heartwarming tale of a 20-something year old man trapped in a boy's body and his best friend, a 500lb. Gorilla. Wacky hijinks ensue!
5th Mar 2011, 2:31 PM #10
Frosty
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
It's very cute that a Tetris block made it into Round 2, but Yuki really wants your vote :O
Same goes for Keiichi. Help them out :D?
5th Mar 2011, 2:56 PM #11
Butt Hunter
B.H. Baracus
Registration date: 26th Apr 2009
My boys are still in!

... they're so dead this round.
5th Mar 2011, 3:04 PM #12
Shaggers
Knock knock
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
Round one was Dane vs. Beth, now its Marcus vs. Sylene. I guess fate just wants to see zombie killers vs. zombies.

5th Mar 2011, 3:08 PM #13
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
Sylene's up against Madoc.. Marcus is against Kevin, who does kind of look like a zombie sometimes :D

I was surprised at some of the results (and the fact that 'Fern' switched to Quinn.. Threw me for a bit of loop), but some were fairly obvious...

Night Owl, you're surprised that Richard Gold lost to a Tetris Cube Cow? Well, I found the Tetris Cube Cow when I went looking for it... Why on earth would you enter characters into the competition that we don't even have the ability to know? We're supposed to assume that your characters are great based on your say so? *boggle* Also, the Tetris Cube Cow is awesome :)

Vote for Corpsey! A vote for Corpsey is a vote for a prop that isn't even really a character in a character contest!

Vote for Beth! They might both be dead, but at least Beth wears a thong :D I don't think anyone really wants to see Petey the Penguin in a thong!

Vote for Sylene! .... She runs over her fellow zombies in her truck?
5th Mar 2011, 3:12 PM #14
Shaggers
Knock knock
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
Magravan:Sylene's up against Madoc.. Marcus is against Kevin, who does kind of look like a zombie sometimes :D

Oh. Well then I'm an idiot. :D

5th Mar 2011, 3:20 PM #15
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
To be fair, I think that Fate is saving your guys from becoming Ones at the hands of our girls :D Well.. Marcus anyway ;)
5th Mar 2011, 3:26 PM #16
MadTarnsman

Registration date: 10th Feb 2010
MatthewJA:Because it was a VERY AWESOME TETRIS BLOCK
I voted for it.

...and this sums up what's so very wrong with this whole "competition".

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152210118824280&l=bb33a5459a[/img]

5th Mar 2011, 3:33 PM #17
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
No, it doesn't. Tetris Cube Cow won because Richard Gold doesn't even have a comic. It's like choosing between nothing and something. There shouldn't even be a choice. If anyone except Night Owl voted for Richard Gold, they were obviously voting without taking the time to get to know either character. Because when you load the page for the cube cow, you get something. When you attempt to load the comic that Richard Gold comes from, you get "This comic has not updated".

If you want to decry the value of the contest, go with Mad Jack vs Matt's Stickman. You have a better argument :)
5th Mar 2011, 3:37 PM #18
bbedlam
Upper middle class webcomic artist
Registration date: 19th Jan 2010
Arden:I thought round one was running until Sunday? - I already have the humiliating defeat strip on the drawing board, but I was going to ink a preceding one tonight - the pre-humiliation strip, if you will.

At least I don't have to paint the free cute and sexy Emily wallpaper now!

I have no idea how AF beat out Emily after that awesome gag strip.

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity - Harlan Ellison
5th Mar 2011, 3:40 PM #19
bbedlam
Upper middle class webcomic artist
Registration date: 19th Jan 2010
Magravan:

Vote for Corpsey! A vote for Corpsey is a vote for a prop that isn't even really a character in a character contest!

Corpsey vs. Angry Faerie. This will either be a great victory for Angry Faerie (by defeating a character from TOGM) or a crushing, humiliating defeat that will make me question the very idea of writing Angry Faerie for all time.

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity - Harlan Ellison
5th Mar 2011, 3:49 PM #20
MadTarnsman

Registration date: 10th Feb 2010
Magravan:No, it doesn't. Tetris Cube Cow won because Richard Gold doesn't even have a comic. It's like choosing between nothing and something. There shouldn't even be a choice. If anyone except Night Owl voted for Richard Gold, they were obviously voting without taking the time to get to know either character. Because when you load the page for the cube cow, you get something. When you attempt to load the comic that Richard Gold comes from, you get "This comic has not updated".

If you want to decry the value of the contest, go with Mad Jack vs Matt's Stickman. You have a better argument :)

I didn't want to appear OVERLY narcissistic!!

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152210118824280&l=bb33a5459a[/img]

Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Round Two Begins Now!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]